Latest beta screenshot WM - Coming soon to a website near you!
Started by Q Section

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

65 posts in this topic
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
01-11-2004, 06:41 PM -
This is an interim screenshot of a work in progress.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 06:45 PM -
Another screenshot but this time a bug in the new wind plugin is not displaying the speed number properly. As this is typed the display is now correct again.

In the old weather monitor the wind speed is correct but the direction seems to be not yet displaying.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
01-11-2004, 07:05 PM -
There's a problem with the digits.png file in the DK Wind folder. Copy the digits.png from DK Wind & Sun, and all will be fixed!
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 10:05 PM -
Another screenshot. The Wind and Sun on the left is the earlier one and the wind and sun on the right is the latest one sent. There hardly seems to be any difference between the two.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

01-11-2004, 10:07 PM -
Yay! Looking good, QSection!

Cosmetically, they look identical, but background png has been modified to fit in with transparent pngs for the wind direction.

Now I need suggestions on how to improve these skins, so I'll throw this out to the community. What do you all think?
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 10:15 PM -
Hah! And all without caffeine either!
How about something like this (random weather radar) when Yuri makes it possible to grab a graphic on the internet to display this could be a mouse hover option:

Nice!
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 10:22 PM -
Perhaps something like this on mouse hover:
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

01-11-2004, 10:38 PM -
As soon as the functionality is available, I'll update the skins and resend them for testing. In my sig is a picture of the latest build. I'm planning a few things, so I'll detail each skin here.

DK Digital (tlbclock skin)
I don't feel there's much more to do to this right now...

DK Weather (Weather Monitor skin)
I've still got to resize it to fit the longer conditions text. One of the side effects of that will be a little more room for display of additional parameters. I propose "Feels Like" temperature, Visibility and Dewpoint but I'm open to suggestions, as ever!

DK Wind (Weather Monitor skin)
Well, this one's so new, I want to get used to it before I make any changes!

DK Wind & Sun (Weather Monitor skin)
The next task is to split off the Sun data into a standalone skin and once Yuri has fixed a couple of bugs I've found in Weather Monitor, I'll create a skin with JUST the mini Wind indicators. You could line up loads of them on a toolbar. lol!

DK Moon (Moon Monitor skin)
I've added a real moon and am playing with the zodiac section. I'm not sure if I'll use a picture, symbol, or text for the Zodiac...

DK Netmon (Net Monitor skin)
I've finally got the colours just how I wanted them! Just a few minor tweaks on this skin, then it's ready!

DK TLB Version (Weather Monitor skin)
I've updated the TLB logo to a better quality image I found. Tweaked the colours a little, and that's all I need to do to this, then. Although I may make the numbers LCD style, just for geekness!

In the works is a cmdline skin and thanks to your suggestion QSection, a barometer with a graphical rising/falling indicator.
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 10:51 PM -
Some suggestions on your ideas are to have a tenths and hundredths option on the clock as well as the font and colours changeable and reversable order for the items.

For the Weather Monitor there could be quite a few options for what to display. It is a great idea to separate the Sunrise/Sunset/Length of Day. And of course the display options available (colour, font etc.).

On the Wind Plugin the background for the speed could be a little darker to make the digits stand out more.

Perhaps someone can add a functionality to display an Amber Alert as in a ticker feed as found on this page.

Just a few things to consider.

Best wishes
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

01-11-2004, 11:06 PM -
Quote:Some suggestions on your ideas are to have a tenths and hundredths option on the clock as well as the font and colours changeable and reversable order for the items.
As this is a Digital Background clock skin, I'm tied by the limitations of the plugin. Therefore, the lowest resolution of time I can show is seconds. The changes for colour and item positioning are currently only available by editing the clockskin.ini file. I could write a program to do it, or we could ask Yuri to build it in! The best I can do right now is properly document the clockskin.ini so end-users can easily make these modifications themselves. They're both feature requests to some extent... I'm starting a wishlist now!

Quote:For the Weather Monitor there could be quite a few options for what to display. It is a great idea to separate the Sunrise/Sunset/Length of Day. And of course teh display options available (colour, font etc.).
Once again, the colour & font options are in the skin.ini. So, documented ini files it is for now!

Quote:On the Wind Plugin the background for the speed could be a little darker to make the digits stand out more.
Is that on DK Wind, or DK Wind & Sun's speed indicator?
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-11-2004, 11:26 PM -
HorusUK Wrote:Is that on DK Wind, or DK Wind & Sun's speed indicator?
It is in the DK Wind monitor.

Regarding the clock how about the clock below upon mouse hover? And do not forget multiple alarm possibilities!
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

01-11-2004, 11:38 PM -
You could do it in a menu, but you'd need the picture display plugin I requested first!

You'd have a seperate tlbClock for each timepiece, and for the moving day & night image, just drop in a Picture Plugin, and point it at somewhere on the web that has a moving day/night image. I've seen one, but can't for the life of me remember where! Google should find it... Big Grin
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-12-2004, 03:50 PM -
How did you got the space between the plugins to decrease? BTW now have installed latest file you sent. Hah! No wind direction or wind speed in the DK Wind & Sun plugin. See below. Also we shot the scene a little larger than necessary to show the alignment (or lack). The Time plugin is a little off from the others.

Ahh... found it. The Wind Direction and Speed are not showing because it is parsing "Calm" on the weather page. So what is the tweak for the Wind Sun plugin for this?
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

01-12-2004, 03:59 PM -
BTW - Any special reason there is anything other than black in the bg.png of the DK Wind plugin (behind where the digits go)?
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
HorusUK

01-12-2004, 04:01 PM -
Glad you asked that, QSection...

The key to that is in the Metrics section of yout TLB settings (don't forget that TLB settings are specific to each toolbar!). Change the button margins so that the width is 1, height 4. Click "OK" and TLB will refresh itself. You may need to grab the top of the Windows toolbar and resize it downwards for everything to line up. Once it does, lock it!

*Note to Yuri*
This is an example of the metrics problem I reported. Big Grin

[EDIT]...to answer your second post Wink
No, no reason. I just liked it green fading to black! I'll probably end up doing a range of colours plus a transparent version!
[/EDIT]
Back once again...