Started by Nila

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Nila

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Jul 2004
07-19-2004, 05:25 AM -
Hiya,

When I'm using True Launch Bar, I have an item on my system tray for 'Internet' - I have so many different programs to do with internet (ftp, browsers, p2p, internet radio, chat, etc. etc) that this list got huge. I've used seperators which work great to break it up nicely into sub sections.

Due to the huge size of the list though I thought it'd be smart to make it two columns.

It worked... to an extent.
I obviously want to keep my grouping of program types within this menu when I use it and I was hoping that it would basically give me two totally seperate menu's when I opened the menu so that I could put whatever programs I wanted into either side - column1 or column2 in their sub groups.

It seems to just 'flow' from one menu to the other however so gives me no way to control what programs appear in what columns with their grouping - the only way to do it now is artificially insert loads of spacers etc but this makes it a huge pain when adding a new program.

Is there any way that two column setup could be done to allow us to control each side as a seperate menu in terms of what programs appear in which column at each position instead of it just 'flowing' onto the next one with no way for us to control it?

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM -
This feature will be released in the future versions of TLB. I plan to make something like templates for menus. So you'll get full control on items placement.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Nila

07-19-2004, 12:21 PM -
Hiya,

First - great software, I'm pretty sure it was you who made it :p

Secondly - to be honest, I dont want templates, I dont want to do any skinning type work or anything like that. I love how it is right now in terms of I just drag and drop and visually create the menu's etc. I dont want to have to start coding anything. I do enough for that for my day to day work as a web designer Smile

Anything like templates etc, I just want 3 or 4 preset options that are there, I just go thru them, get an instant preview of the effect chosing each option will have, and if I want to keep it press 'apply'. lol.

I believe this is where TLB's strength is now - U drag and drop the menu's to how u want them. I'd hate to see this replaced with having to open notepad to start positioning and layout out things.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-19-2004, 01:32 PM -
Quote:First - great software, I'm pretty sure it was you who made it
Big Grin Thank you very much!

Quote:Secondly - to be honest, I dont want templates, I dont want to do any skinning type work or anything like that. I love how it is right now in terms of I just drag and drop and visually create the menu's etc. I dont want to have to start coding anything. I do enough for that for my day to day work as a web designer
There will be some predefined templates including multicolumn and all you need is drag shortcuts where you want - this is exactly you asked ???

Quote:I'd hate to see this replaced with having to open notepad to start positioning and layout out things.
I'm too Wink Drag&Drop forever Big Grin
The TORDEX Team
BMStroh

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2004
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM -
Even something basic, like a 'column break' property on separators would go a long way toward this feature...
Nila

07-21-2004, 01:21 AM -
Guest Wrote:Even something basic, like a 'column break' property on separators would go a long way toward this feature...
This would be a perfect way of doing it.
Just insert a new item - like spacer - could easily re-position it, would give full control of which item was in each column, and adding one could automatically turn the menu into multi-column without needing any configuration option to do so.

This would do everything I needed perfectly and be a super easy solution.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-21-2004, 10:56 AM -
Columns break ??? It will be released, thank you.
The TORDEX Team
Nila

07-22-2004, 08:52 AM -
Wahoo - Thanks Yuri,

Glad I bought this even if I did buy it the day before it dropped $5 in price Smile lol.
PugFish

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-05-2005, 07:56 PM -
Hey,

I was just wondering if this feature was ever added?
I can't seem to find anything anywhere to do it, so i'm wondering if it never actually happened or i'm just missing something?
If I could do this, TLB would be pretty much perfect
JudH

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2006
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM -
BMStroh Wrote:Even something basic, like a 'column break' property on separators would go a long way toward this feature...

Yuri,

I hoped this old request would have made it to 4.3 but no such luck. We really could use a 'column break' function on the separator. I do it now with spacer but a real break function would be SO much nicer--and cleaner. Please don't forget this one...

Thanks,
Jud in Dallas TX
LTU (long time user)
JudH

03-15-2009, 08:07 PM -
Quote:Even something basic, like a 'column break' property on separators would go a long way toward this feature...

Just a bump to keep this request in. Thanks.

Jud
Xyzzy

91 posts 28 threads Joined: Mar 2006
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM -
Good idea!
JudH

09-17-2010, 01:57 PM -
Yuri,

Any chance we could see this suggestion, a COLUMN BREAK option on Separator, implemented soon? Fiddling with Spacer is so time consuming and just flatly doesn't work at times. Thanks.

Jud
Long time user in Dallas TX who's still discovering new uses for TLB.