Spacer Plugin Bug?
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic

11-29-2004, 01:39 PM -
Hello:

I'm having problems getting the Spacer plugin to work intuitively. So here's my "barebones" configuration and what I did compared to what I expected when I first tried to use it.

Barebones launch configuration ...
DELL Optiplex GX260
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Windows Version 5.1
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 : Service Pack 1
Microsoft USBIntelliMouse Optical (IntelliPoint)
Driver Date: 4/11/2002
Driver Version: 4.10.851.0
Symantec Antivirus
Active Card Gold: drag and drop
Volume control
100.0 Mbps Local Area Connection

After launching True Launch Bar (Demo Version), I menu clicked "New > Spacer" and got the "Enter Name" dialog box with "Spacer" already entered. I clicked OK, and got the "Spacer v2.1" dialog box with the "Picture file:" field empty. So I clicked on the "..." button and browsed to a picture file selection of "C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\plugins\spacer.png". Then I clicked OK and True Launch Bar displayed the correct spacer in the correct place.

Next, I changed to where I wanted my second spacer, and again menu clicked to "New > Spacer", expecting to immediately insert the spacer.png icon again. Instead, I found myself right back where I started with the previous spacer. It looked like the Spacer plugin had "forgotten" the default spacer image I had previously browsed to (spacer.png).

Did I do something wrong, or is this "forgetfulness" a bug?
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
11-29-2004, 04:59 PM -
Quote:Did I do something wrong
No, you did everything right!

Quote:or is this "forgetfulness" a bug?
I wouldn't call it a bug as it's working exactly as it says on the tin, it inserts a spacer. The addition of a picture in the spacer you created was a custom action.

If you want to have the spacer plugin include this additional behaviour, I'd post a topic in the Plugin Features & Improvements forum...
Back once again...