Spacer Plugin Bug?
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic

11-29-2004, 01:40 PM -
Hello:

I'm having problems getting the Spacer plugin to work intuitively. So here's my "barebones" configuration and what I did compared to what I expected when I first tried to use it.

Barebones launch configuration ...
DELL Optiplex GX260
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Windows Version 5.1
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 : Service Pack 1
Microsoft USBIntelliMouse Optical (IntelliPoint)
Driver Date: 4/11/2002
Driver Version: 4.10.851.0
Symantec Antivirus
Active Card Gold: drag and drop
Volume control
100.0 Mbps Local Area Connection

After launching True Launch Bar (Demo Version), I menu clicked "New > Spacer" and got the "Enter Name" dialog box with "Spacer" already entered. I clicked OK, and got the "Spacer v2.1" dialog box with the "Picture file:" field empty. So I clicked on the "..." button and browsed to a picture file selection of "C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\plugins\spacer.png". Then I clicked OK and True Launch Bar displayed the correct spacer in the correct place.

Next, I changed to where I wanted my second spacer, and again menu clicked to "New > Spacer", expecting to immediately insert the spacer.png icon again. Instead, I found myself right back where I started with the previous spacer. It looked like the Spacer plugin had "forgotten" the default spacer image I had previously browsed to (spacer.png).

Did I do something wrong, or is this "forgetfulness" a bug?
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM -
Between the time when you downloaded the spacer plugin and when you tried to configure it did you reboot?
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-29-2004, 02:53 PM -
Quote:Did I do something wrong, or is this "forgetfulness" a bug?
This is not a bug. Spacer plugin is designed to add more empty space between buttons. In the last versions it allow to add picture.
So let's move this post into suggestion: Add the history of selected files Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

11-29-2004, 03:13 PM -
Q Section Wrote:Between the time when you downloaded the spacer plugin and when you tried to configure it did you reboot?

Yes, I rebooted several times. However, I am now baffled by Yuri's answer to my "bug" question ...

Yuri Wrote:This is not a bug. Spacer plugin is designed to add more empty space between buttons. In the last versions it allow to add picture. So let's move this post into suggestion: Add the history of selected files.

I was expecting a new Spacer picture, once selected, to be insertable with the ease of inserting a Separator. Is Yuri saying this is not the case because he uses a different definition of Spacer than I do? I think that's great, but I don't understand where he wants to go with Spacers. Can you help me understand Yuri's vision better?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-29-2004, 04:28 PM -
One tip: you can quickly clone spacers using Drag&Drop. Hold down the CTRL key and drag the spacer into any space. In this case you will get the same spacer in other place Wink

Quote:I was expecting a new Spacer picture, once selected, to be insertable with the ease of inserting a Separator. Is Yuri saying this is not the case because he uses a different definition of Spacer than I do? I think that's great, but I don't understand where he wants to go with Spacers. Can you help me understand Yuri's vision better?
The spacer plugin is like separator. But this is plugin and every plugin have own settings. And this is not a separator. The only usage of spacer to add empty space into menus and toolbar. When you do not select any picture in the properties you can setup the size of empty space to be added.
The TORDEX Team

12-01-2004, 06:48 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:One tip: you can quickly clone spacers using Drag&Drop. Hold down the CTRL key and drag the spacer into any space. In this case you will get the same spacer in other place.

Thanks, Yuri. This is the "how to" I needed to know about.

12-04-2004, 08:48 AM -
noffkehw Wrote:Thanks, Yuri. This is the "how to" I needed to know about.

Yuri:

Sorry to report I tried this with both my "bare bones" configuration, and my normal configuration. Maybe its a function with the mouse driver I'm using ...

- Microsoft USBIntelliMouse Optical (IntelliPoint)
........ Driver Date: 4/11/2002
........ Driver Version: 4.10.851.0

Or maybe it's something else. Any suggestions?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-04-2004, 11:20 AM -
Sorry, I cannot understand your last post. What the problem do you mean?
The TORDEX Team

12-04-2004, 11:28 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Sorry, I cannot understand your last post. What the problem do you mean?

Yuri:

You advised me, "One tip: you can quickly clone spacers using Drag&Drop. Hold down the CTRL key and drag the spacer into any space. In this case you will get the same spacer in other place."

What I'm saying in my last post is that I could not get this to work. The spacer gets MOVED; it does not get COPIED, no matter what I do.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-04-2004, 11:35 AM -
Sorry. Yesterday I've confirmed in other topic that this is the bug. I was shure that this was your topic. This work only in menus Sad I fix this bug in the next version.
The TORDEX Team