Started by fhurst

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
11-29-2004, 02:23 PM -
Hi everyone,

Please forgive the length of my post. I'm not skilled with explainations and therefore tend to discribe things in more detail than most.

I've been trying the free version of True Launch Bar for over a week and the full version may be what I'm looking for.

I'd like to purchase the full version, but my wife indicated, in no uncertain terms, that I wasn't allowed to do so for quite some time, so, I'm going to make the best of what I have.

My task is to find a way to display "Menu Lists", while hovering over shortcuts in Free Launch, rather than clicking them to display the folders to which they are linked (Ordinary Shorcuts must be Left-Clicked, to display the contents of the folders to which they are linked, but they open the entire folder instead of displaying it's contents in a "Menu List").

I've discovered a round-about way of doing this by using shortcuts, which are saved in subfolders within the Quick Launch folder found in: My Computer | Documents and Settings | (User's Name) | Application Data | Microsoft | Internet Explorer, and then naming them after the original folders (Because the subfolders are not links to the "Original" folders, but are folders themselves, they display as a Menu List) and then, on the Free Launch Bar, I can exchange the folder Icon for that of the originals.

This method works "OK", until I add something into the "Original" folder. I must then remember to place a shortcut, to that addition, into the appropriate folder in the Quick Launch directory, in order for it to display in the Menu List.

Examples, of this type of Menu List, can be found for XP's Start Menu, by: Right-Clicking an empty place on the Start Menu and then Left-Clicking the the resulting "Properties" button. This calls up the "Taskbar and Start Menu" dialog box, in which you choose: Start Menu (tab) | Cutomize (button) | Advanced (tab) | (The Options areSmile "Display as a Link, Display as a Menu, and Don't Display this Item (These options are for: My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, My Computer, Control Panel, Network Connections and Administrative Tools).

Is there a way I can place a shortcut to a folder onto Free Launch Bar, such as "My Documents", which will, when hovered over, display it's contents as a Menu List?
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM -
Try True Launch Bar. You can create Virtual Folders and change many mouse options there.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
fhurst

11-29-2004, 07:15 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Try True Launch Bar. You can create Virtual Folders and change many mouse options there.

Am I to understand that the feature which I have described, in my original post, is available in True Launch Bar?

Even so, and I quote the third paragraph of my original post,
Quote:I'd like to purchase the full version, but my wife indicated, in no uncertain terms, that I wasn't allowed to do so for quite some time, so, I'm going to make the best of what I have.

What I now have is "Free Launch Bar" an as I said "I'm going to make the best of what I have."

Thank you for your answer.

If anyone knows of a work-around that will work in Free Launch Bar please let me know.
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-30-2004, 12:55 AM -
Quote:My task is to find a way to display "Menu Lists", while hovering over shortcuts in Free Launch, rather than clicking them to display the folders to which they are linked (Ordinary Shorcuts must be Left-Clicked, to display the contents of the folders to which they are linked, but they open the entire folder instead of displaying it's contents in a "Menu List").
This feature is released in True Launch Bar. Also you can run shortcuts on mouse hover.

Quote:Is there a way I can place a shortcut to a folder onto Free Launch Bar, such as "My Documents", which will, when hovered over, display it's contents as a Menu List?
This feature is called "Virtual Folder" in True Lauch Bar.
The TORDEX Team
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-30-2004, 12:58 AM -
BTW you can download full-function and free demo vertion of True Launch bar and explore its features. If you deside that FLB is better for you just uninstall TLB and use FLB - these two toolbars are compatible by settings.
The TORDEX Team
fhurst

11-30-2004, 07:35 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:BTW you can download full-function and free demo vertion of True Launch bar and explore its features.

If I install the Demo do I need to uninstall Free Launch Bar or are they installed into different directories? Will they not interfere with each other? Please be specific.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:If you deside that FLB is better for you just uninstall TLB and use FLB - these two toolbars are compatible by settings.

I have done a lot of work getting FreeLaunch the way I want it, so, if I do have to uninstall it, is there a way to save the work I have done so that I can revert back to it?
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-30-2004, 11:51 PM -
Quote:If I install the Demo do I need to uninstall Free Launch Bar or are they installed into different directories? Will they not interfere with each other? Please be specific.
You can install both these toolbars. They are installed into different directories and you can use both toolbars at same time.

Quote:I have done a lot of work getting FreeLaunch the way I want it, so, if I do have to uninstall it, is there a way to save the work I have done so that I can revert back to it?
TLB will take all settings you make in FLB because all settings are saved toolbar folder.
The TORDEX Team
fhurst

12-02-2004, 08:34 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:If I install the Demo do I need to uninstall Free Launch Bar
You can install both these toolbars. They are installed into different directories and you can use both toolbars at same time.

Quote:I have done a lot of work..., is there a way to save the work ...?
TLB will take all settings you make in FLB because all settings are saved toolbar folder.

Thanks Yuri, I'll try it out.
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst