Error posting new skins on TrueLaunchBar.com
Started by Psonyk

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM -
I'm terribly sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but I have a cute System Monitor skin aching to be shared with all of you...

...alas I can't seem to be able to post it successfuly.

Everytime I do so, the .ZIP file is not found. I must admit, I'm quite baffled by the field " short name of skin " which appears to be the name of the uploaded ZIP file.

Even though the name matches the ZIP file's name, it doesn't upload properly. I mean, it's not a fancy name of anything. It's just " cpuglassbuttons.zip " and even though I matched this in the short name of skin field and tried different ones, the filesize is listed as (N/AK) and when clicking " Download this skin ", I get

Not Found
The requested URL /skinslib/bin/cpuglassbuttons.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Did I break anything ? Is my zipped file invalid ? Is it just not wanted ?

Thank you in advance everyone. Smile
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
12-17-2004, 08:54 PM -
One of the administrators will be by shortly to render the necessary assistance. We would like to see your skin as well.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-18-2004, 03:29 AM -
Psonyk, I've seen this myself when I first tried to upload skins and I found it was because I'd left the thumbs.db file in the .zip and it increased the filesize. The skin library doesn't seem to like bigger files!

Unfortunately, Myself and Dracula cannot help you put your skin online as we only look after the forums. Send Yuri Kobets an email and attach the zip file. He'll be able to help.
Back once again...
Psonyk

12-18-2004, 07:29 AM -
Thank you for your quick replies, people. Smile

Now Horus, the file size IS probably the source of all this : 120K.

The reason for this is I've included several colors in the ZIP file.

I wanted to post ONE color and have a README.txt file explaining the various colors available but I presume I should just do a post for each color I've made.

I have 6 different colors for it, do you think I should submit each one seperately ?

I'd rather not but if so, I'll go ahead and do that. Smile

Thank you very much for your help !

:o
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-18-2004, 10:12 AM -
Difficult querstion to answer!

IMHO, I'd ask Yuri to correct the problem and place the .zip file online for you. He'll have to amend the false entry in the Skin library anyway, and then there'll be no need to release them seperately!
Back once again...
Psonyk

12-18-2004, 01:34 PM -
Well, I went a little ahead of myself and tested the " seperate files " theory and indeed it worked. Smile

So then, colours have been uploaded seperately. Not incredibly convenient but it works.

My guess is the file size was indeed the only reason why it didn't work.

Thank you HorusUK for your help. Big Grin

BTW, what I wanted to upload can be viewed here :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.com/skinslib/index.php">http://www.truelaunchbar.com/skinslib/index.php</a><!-- m -->
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-18-2004, 02:48 PM -
I've increased the limit for files in the skins library. Now there are must be all OK Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com