Command line: Backing up alias's.
Started by troutymontreal

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
troutymontreal

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-27-2004, 10:51 AM -
I have created a fair number of alias's in command line and need to know how I can make sure that they are back up properly?

Does the backup feature in general settings backup the list of alias's?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2004, 12:53 PM -
Yes the TLB backup saves all that settings. If you want additional backup of command line only drag it into any folder with CTRL key down (hold down CTRL to copy file else it can be moved). You get the file named "Command Line.tlbplugin" (name can be different but the extension bust be same).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
troutymontreal

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-27-2004, 04:28 PM -
Yuri, your answer does not make any sense to me?

Where do I find this file? what directory is it in?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2004, 04:43 PM -
1) All plugins files you can find in the toolbar folder. To find toolbar folder unlock taskbar (for XP only), right-click the toolbar separator and select Open from menu. All settings and all plugins are in the opened folder. You can backup all files or some of them. Files with *.tlbplugin extension as plugins (they have the TLB logo icon).
2) You can drag any plugin off toolbar into any folder or desktop. Click command line (somewhere not in edit line) and drag it on desktop. Hold down CTRL key when dragging. And when you release the mouse button you will see the plugin file. This file contain all setings from original command line. If you copy this file back to the True Launch Bar you'll get the same command line.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to get in touch with me, should you need any clarifications or any assistance. I would be happy to be of assistance.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com