Can No Longer Add Seperators.
Started by fhurst

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
01-05-2005, 05:32 PM -
I was using Freelaunch Bar and it was working fine till one day a few weeks ago I was no longer able to add seperators.

I downloaded and began tying Truelaunch Bar, for evaluation, and thinking perhaps installing it would correct the problem, but Truelaunch contracted whatever is causing this illness.

I then decided to remove Free Launch bar thinking, perhaps, removing it would "unstick" Truelaunch bar, but I found no uninstaller, and really nothing else in the file where I had installed it, except what I believe were files containing my settings. I can't figure out where everything went.

I like Truelaunch and decided to purchase it, so I went online and bought the unlock key, and I like it even more, but would like to resolve the seperator problem.

Any idea what may be causing this behavior, and, how do I uninstall Free Launch Bar, as I see no reason for both of them to be on the puter at the same time?
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-06-2005, 12:47 PM -
Why you cannot create separators? You cannot find the "Separator" menu item in the "New" submenu or there are other problem? Please can you describe step by step how do you create separators, where you want to create separator and maybe the screenshot of your toolbar/menu?

As solution you can use "Reset TLB Settings" from Start->Programs->True Launch Bar to reset settings into default values.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Why you cannot create separators? You cannot find the "Separator" menu item in the "New" submenu or there are other problem? Please can you describe step by step how do you create separators, where you want to create separator and maybe the screenshot of your toolbar/menu?

As solution you can use "Reset TLB Settings" from Start->Programs->True Launch Bar to reset settings into default values.

Hi Yuri,
It wasn't that I could not find the Seperator menu item. The problem was, that after they were created they did not display.

I had already created 4 or 5 and they were visible, but when I tried to create a new one a few days later the new ones would not display. I could see the old ones, they were always visible. --- Because I had tried making them so many times after that, they had accumulated, but did not display until one day, while I was checking out the Skins and changed the skin from Default to XP Silver, they immediately displayed, all of them. --- I had to delete the extra ones because tso many had accumulated when I was tring to make them. --- It seems to be working fine now. ------- I do have a question though. My family and I like using the Truelaunch Bar docked to the left side of the screen and hidden, but every time we accidentally move the mouse, while working on a document it will pop out in the way, which is very annoying. --- My question is: "Is there a way to delay the appearance of truelaunch bar a few ms to prevent premature displays like that? If not could you please --- please --- please write an update that will make it possibe.
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
scottdr36

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-01-2005, 11:12 AM -
same issue here,but the seperators are there just cant be seen but sometimes i can see them.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-01-2005, 02:17 PM -
scottdr36, what skin do you use?

fhurst Wrote:My question is: "Is there a way to delay the appearance of truelaunch bar a few ms to prevent premature displays like that? If not could you please --- please --- please write an update that will make it possibe.
Unfortunately this is feature of the Windows. TLB cannot control this timeout.
The TORDEX Team
scottdr36

03-01-2005, 05:10 PM -
[quote="Yuri Kobets"]scottdr36, what skin do you use?

the default that comes with freelaunchbar. fonts are arial bold 9 or 10.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-04-2005, 12:41 PM -
scottdr36, please can you post the screenshot of your menu or toolbar, where you cannt add separators?
The TORDEX Team
scottdr36

03-04-2005, 02:49 PM -
I can add seperators but they disapear visually, but they are there.

look between wordpad and systools , u can see part of it to the left. and between zone labs and eudora. i have the bar set up as auto hide and always on top.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-05-2005, 03:11 PM -
scottdr36 Wrote:look between wordpad and systools , u can see part of it to the left. and between zone labs and eudora. i have the bar set up as auto hide and always on top.
Where ???
The TORDEX Team
scottdr36

03-06-2005, 04:52 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
scottdr36 Wrote:look between wordpad and systools , u can see part of it to the left. and between zone labs and eudora. i have the bar set up as auto hide and always on top.
Where ???

GRR, i guess the file never made it up. here i zipped the wordpad doc into a winzipfile.

Attached Files
.zip   menu.zip (Size: 147.9 KB / Downloads: 666)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-07-2005, 02:41 PM -
Thank you. Now I can reproduce this bug. Separators must be visible after restart or log off/ log on.

In the next version I'll this bug will be fixed. Thank you for bug report.
The TORDEX Team