Searching TrueSoft Website for Phrases
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic

02-12-2005, 10:20 AM -
All:

It helps to search TrueSoft's growing website by quoted phrases. If you install "Desktop Search Engine" from Google, you can do precisely this for all TrueSoft webpages viewed. To record the whole FAQ, just browse all its pages one-by-one.

I have found Google Desktop phrase searches to be much faster for my needs than phpBB keyword searches.

It would be helpful for TrueSoft to add a unique string identifier to each FAQ page, so that only these pages are searched by Google Desktop, if desired.
Sam Hasler

93 posts 17 threads Joined: Jun 2003
02-13-2005, 12:50 PM -
And why, pray tell, would you need to use a desktop search engine to search an internet site?

If you just want to search the faq just add site:www.truelaunchbar.info to your google search query and put your phrase "inside double quotes".

02-16-2005, 11:25 AM -
Sam Hasler Wrote:If you just want to search the faq just add site:www.truelaunchbar.info to your google search query and put your phrase "inside double quotes".

Sam:

Sorry if I caused confusion. I had in mind searching previously viewed FAQ pages. Your approach is best for finding new FAQ pages.