Great Program .. some questions tho...
Started by YourAlmightyLord

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
YourAlmightyLord

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-17-2005, 05:05 AM -
Love the program, saves me some resources not having to run winamp main window and such... i kinda know my way round computers depending on the area, but i will admit i'm behind in others, lol computers aren't really a choice of options in the federal pen system. Anyways i was wondering if there was an option or something to have the Media player control plug-in start winamp, am i missing it or is there not one yet ? and i was gonna ask about the Mail Control plug - in but i know you ain't got time to fill me in on what the hell pop3 is and such. So i'll just chill with the winamp question.

Thanks for the time Bro.

-YAL
I don't pray for anyone I care about, but I do ask God to watch over them.... I pray for those foolish enough to mess with those I care about. I pray that I don't ever find them, and if I do I ask God to forgive me .... I don't get even, I END IT.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-17-2005, 05:25 AM -
Welcome to the forum! Smile

From my recent experimentation, if the Media Player plugin is visible and Winamp isn't loaded, pressing the play button on the media player opens Winamp. It doesn't start playing the first item in the playlist, but that would be nice Wink

Dragging and dropping files onto the media player plugin just adds shortcuts to the toolbar. If it enqueued the files to the playlist that would be nice... Over to Yuri!

Have a search through the forums for your Mail Monitor question. It's a plugin that has had a lot of coverage on here. If you don't find your answer, feel free to post a question and we'll see what we can do.
Back once again...
YourAlmightyLord

02-17-2005, 06:09 AM -
lol i found it , man i can be slow at times .... just hit play .... least ya'll will get a laugh.

and thanks Horus, but i really have no clue about email clients and pop3 and such, i won't bother you guys with stupid questions ... i'll check out the forum about the mail checker tho like you sugested.

Appreciate the reply bro thanks.

-YAL
I don't pray for anyone I care about, but I do ask God to watch over them.... I pray for those foolish enough to mess with those I care about. I pray that I don't ever find them, and if I do I ask God to forgive me .... I don't get even, I END IT.
YourAlmightyLord

02-17-2005, 06:59 AM -
sorry don't mean to spam but i was messin around with tlb and i'm probably missing it but is there a way to have the Media Control Plugin be shown as its icon and have the controls pop up like a menu ? ...... not sure if i'm being clear .... like have the winamp icon on the taskbar and when you click on it the controls pop up with whatever skin you choose ? i like the default skin i'm pretty partial to minimalist type things .... and rather than having the controls taking up space, would rather have them when i called em up. Hopefully you guys understand what i mean.

- YAL
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-17-2005, 07:21 AM -
There's no direct support for what you want to do from the Media Player plugin itself, but you could create a new menu on your toolbar, give it the Winamp icon, and then create the Media Control plugin in the menu itself, as shown in this screen shot.

Don't forget that you can set the Media Player to auto-hide when your Media Player isn't running (not handy if you plan on starting Winamp from the plugin, though!).

Attached Files Image(s)

Back once again...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-17-2005, 07:53 AM -
HorusUK Wrote:Don't forget that you can set the Media Player to auto-hide when your Media Player isn't running (not handy if you plan on starting Winamp from the plugin, though!).
And place shortcut to winamp near Wink to run it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com