taskbar lock ups
Started by scadarick

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
scadarick

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Feb 2005
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM -
I am not totally sure about this, but when I use the start killer, my taskbar locks up, freezes solid. ctr-alt-del to log off and re start. Cant seem to nail the app in general that is causing it, its been explorer.exe mostly, when I minimize it or close it. When I use Total Commander as well, but that too is a filemanager, if that has anything to do with it. Just pointing everything out I can. Maybe something will turn up.

I have it turned off now and have been trying to force it to crash and still no luck...but will keep trying to reproduce and report back what I can find.

Its a nice little progie...I use a 30" lcd, and make my own skins for it, so this is great...makes everything look neat and clean.

ScadaRick
Richard L Parker
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM -
Thank you for bug report. Please can you write your Windows version?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
scadarick

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Feb 2005
03-11-2005, 11:33 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Thank you for bug report. Please can you write your Windows version?

Sorry Yuri for not posting further details, I will correct that.

After testing for a couple of weeks, I have found that it does not seem to be the Start Killer app as first thought. I have had a few lock ups since removing it from start up group. I have tried to reproduce the crashes from all angles as far as the small app is concerned. Any program that has drives listed, like explorer and total commader 6.53 seem to lock up my task bar when I close the application and sometimes minimize. I had a few conflicts with the cdrom control incons I used for my Sony DVD drives. When ever I loaded up a program called NeoTV, it would take out my drives and the icons in my true launch bar menu. I still have not been able to fix that one. It has something to do with the burning engine they use....I have not been able to get any help from these people on the matter to date.

As you can see I have a few problems to fix and for the most part everything I do is now rapped around my True Launch Bar programs and little apps. Its a wonderfull tool...I have tons of multimedia and use this tool bar on a custom designed Skin and a 30" lcd screen.

I will post any further details in the correct forum as I can find and reproduce them in detail. Thanks guys.

ScadaRick

Windows XP Pro sp2 (original build 2600)
True Launch Bar v3.2.3.beta
Shell Version: 6.0.2900.2578
IE Version: 6.0.2800.1106

Giga-Byte GA-7N400 Pro 2 rev.2
Nvidia nforce2 Chipset
Bios Version: FK 12-24-04
AMD 2600+ CPU
1 gig Geil DDR-400 PC3200 Ram
ATI AIW-9600xt
Creative AudigyZS-THX sound card
30" inch Syntax Olivia LCD-HD Multimedia Monitor
2-250 gig SATA Drives