5 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2005
04-30-2005, 07:26 PM -
If the actual temparature is 57 degrees the Weather Monitor displays 7 degrees
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM -
Hello gmils1952
If you let us know in which city you would like to know the weather perhaps we can create for you a corrected file for your Weather Monitor. Every now and then the weather provider changes their format which makes it just a little challenging to keep up with proper coding for the files. Sometimes we can use a different provider that changes quite a bit less.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
gmils1952

05-01-2005, 07:11 AM -
Would it be possible for you to make the Weather Moniter check The Weather Channel (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.weather.com">http://www.weather.com</a><!-- m -->) instead of the current one, Weather Underground?
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-01-2005, 08:03 PM -
Yes it is possible to create a provider file for it. We will work on it now and post the file with instructions here soon. Any particular city in mind so we can check it specifically? If you wish to remain geographically anonymous that is perfectly fine.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-01-2005, 08:59 PM -
Here is a new provider file to use. Place it in your ....TrueLaunchBar\plugins\weathermon\providers file. Reselect the new provider file via Properties in your Weather Monitor plugin. Let us know if it works to your satisfaction.

Attached Files
.ini   WeatherChannel.ini (Size: 3.05 KB / Downloads: 718)
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gmils1952

05-02-2005, 06:26 PM -
The Weather Monitor plugin for the Weather Chanel works like a charm!
Is there a way to get the weather forecast? I am using Windows 98SE
Thanks again for your help.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-03-2005, 07:24 AM -
Have you tried the Weather Forecast plugin?
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gmils1952

05-03-2005, 02:27 PM -
Yes, I installed the Weather Forecast plugin a second time but it still doesn't show up anywhere on the drop downs (New > Weather Forcast)... even after rebooting. I am running Windows 98SE. Any ideas?

Thanks
javascriptman221

4 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2005
05-03-2005, 04:58 PM -
Q Section Wrote:Here is a new provider file to use. Place it in your ....TrueLaunchBar\plugins\weathermon\providers file. Reselect the new provider file via Properties in your Weather Monitor plugin. Let us know if it works to your satisfaction.

Would you be able to include this in the next version of Weather Monitor? It would sure help.

---

I also have a concern. Whether I'm using Weather Monitor or Weather Forcast, if I lose my Internet connection for a second, and the Weather is trying to be updated, I get the following message:

[Image: offline.jpg]

I think it would be great idea to fix this so that this window does not come up and annoy people. Wink

Thanks,
Craig
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-03-2005, 11:18 PM -
gmils1952 Wrote:Yes, I installed the Weather Forecast plugin a second time but it still doesn't show up anywhere on the drop downs (New > Weather Forcast)... even after rebooting. I am running Windows 98SE. Any ideas?Thanks
Perhaps Yuri or another member has an idea about this problem. Just to be sure - you do have TLB version at least 2.2.0.18 and IE 6.0, correct?
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-03-2005, 11:24 PM -
javascriptman221
Yuri - the developer - has expressed in this forum that there will not be a subsequent Weather Monitor but at least one or more plugins to replace it that will be more feature-laden. As to the Weather Channel provider file - you can save it and use it anytime.

The problem with the disconnect would better be answered by another who has a better idea about this behavior. Sorry.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gmils1952

05-04-2005, 02:36 PM -
Q Section Wrote:
gmils1952 Wrote:Yes, I installed the Weather Forecast plugin a second time but it still doesn't show up anywhere on the drop downs (New > Weather Forcast)... even after rebooting. I am running Windows 98SE. Any ideas?Thanks
Perhaps Yuri or another member has an idea about this problem. Just to be sure - you do have TLB version at least 2.2.0.18 and IE 6.0, correct?
Yes, I am using TLB version 3.2 and IE 6.0
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-06-2005, 12:17 PM -
javascriptman221 Wrote:
Q Section Wrote:Here is a new provider file to use. Place it in your ....TrueLaunchBar\plugins\weathermon\providers file. Reselect the new provider file via Properties in your Weather Monitor plugin. Let us know if it works to your satisfaction.

Would you be able to include this in the next version of Weather Monitor? It would sure help.

---

I also have a concern. Whether I'm using Weather Monitor or Weather Forcast, if I lose my Internet connection for a second, and the Weather is trying to be updated, I get the following message:

[Image: offline.jpg]

I think it would be great idea to fix this so that this window does not come up and annoy people. Wink

In the Weather Forecast v2.0 plugin this bug must be fixed. Tell me if you have this bug.

About Weather Monitor. I've discontinue this plugin. There are will be other plugin more universal.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
javascriptman221

4 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2005
05-06-2005, 06:33 PM -
Yes...I do have this bug. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Please help gmils1952 as well with this problem and with the problem that he can't load Weather Forecast for some unknown reason. Is it compatible with Windows 98SE?

Thanks,
Craig
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-07-2005, 03:54 AM -
gmils1952 Wrote:Yes, I installed the Weather Forecast plugin a second time but it still doesn't show up anywhere on the drop downs (New > Weather Forcast)... even after rebooting. I am running Windows 98SE. Any ideas?
Uninstall plugin via TLB Components Manager and install it again.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com