Creating a TrueLaunchBar skin
Started by Psonyk

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM -
I would very much like to create a skin to match my current Windowblinds theme but I'm not sure where to start.

Don't get me wrong, creating it isn't the problem.

What I did was copy an existing skin, altered the .BMPs and changed the skin name in the .INI file but whatever I do, TLB won't recognize this new folder with new or altered stuff as a skin at all. I even tried to ZIP the folder and have the TLB Settings's Skins & Color menu install the skin, nothing.

I'm not so hot on coding but I do understand most of what's in the tblskin.ini, maybe I haven't changed everything I should've ?

I restarted TLB, thinking it would help but nope.

Is there a tutorial on creating a skin for TLB ? If not, would somebody mind helping me on this ? I'd really appreciate it.

I really don't mind starting from scratch, or just take something existing and change it to what I wanna do.

Thank you in advance.

Smile
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
05-11-2005, 06:31 PM -
Hello Psonyk

Let us just go over the steps from the beginning slowly one by one.
1) Create a new folder under ...TrueLaunchbar\skins so you have an additional folder with any new name for a skin you desire.
2) Copy the contents of one of the existing skins folders and paste them in the new folder.
3) Modify the files within the new folder to your liking.
4) Change the tlbskin.ini file within the new folder to have the new skin name on line 2 like this - SkinName=(new skin name).
5) Save the new tlbskin.ini file to the new skin folder and refresh True Launch Bar.
6) Right-click on the True Launch Bar and select TLB Settings...>Skins and you should be able to see the new skin name (that you specified in step 4 in the drop down menu and select it.
7) Click on Apply and OK.
That should do it. Please let us know how this works for you. Admittedly these are most of the things you have posted above but perhaps......
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM -
Skins specification
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
05-12-2005, 06:24 PM -
Oooooooo - k. Weird computer behavior.

Usually, my system is ultra-stable but now, for some reason, despite the 3 reboots, 5 log offs and 4 TLB reloads, it just wouldn't show up in the SKINS list.

Then randomly after all this. it magically appeared. Somehow. Didn't change anything, didn't add or remove anything. It's just there now.

Thanks anyway for your input Q Section and also thanks for the link Yuri !

That's gonna come in handy. Smile