Started by mutant

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
mutant

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2005
05-15-2005, 08:21 AM -
Yuri

Many thanks for the this and the PageUp and PageDown fix. It appeared so quickly it took me by surprise.

Although for the most part the keys work perfectly there is one minor point that that you may not be able to control. That is when one scrolls up or down a long list using the PageUp or PageDown keys the menu moves up or down by slightly more than one page at a time. So certain items in the list never get seen.

The effect of this is that if one is scrolling down looking for a given file or folder it can disappear in the gap between the end of one page and the start of the next.

On a completely separate subject I wondered, if you were looking for a new but related project, if you had ever considered the possibility of creating a "True Launch" type menu bar in the File Open and File Save dialog boxes in Windows XP. Office 2003 offers some limited ability to customise what it refers to as the "My Places" bar on the left had side of the File Open dialog but it only works in Office programs and is not as convenient or as slick as TLB.

Thanks again for your efforts.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
05-15-2005, 02:31 PM -
mutant Wrote:...Office 2003 offers some limited ability to customise what it refers to as the "My Places" bar on the left had side of the File Open dialog but it only works in Office programs and is not as convenient or as slick as TLB...
Hello mutant
Did you know that Tweak UI has a function to change your Windows 'Save As' popup? It is under Common Dialogs>Places Bar to customise the 5 places. Try it out and post your results here.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
mutant

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2005
05-15-2005, 03:00 PM -
Q Section Wrote:Did you know that Tweak UI has a function to change your Windows 'Save As' popup? It is under Common Dialogs>Places Bar to customise the 5 places. Try it out and post your results here.

Hello Q

Thanks for the pointer - I have in fact been using this for some time but as you say the list is limited to five entries. The Office 2003 version expands on this slightly by enabling additional entries but even that is limited by space constraints. Opening files is not such a problem as one can use the TLB but saving downloaded files or items in deep subfolders can involve a tedious amount of clicking.

The ideal solution would be for the “Save in” drop down list (or equivalent) to expand into folders and subfolders in the same way that a TLB menu does.

Anyway, if you get bored one day it is something for you to think about.

Thanks again