One TrueLaunch Bar With ~10 Users On One Machine
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic

05-30-2005, 01:27 PM -
My research engineering group has a standalone Windows XP workstation which will have ~10 user accounts. After using TLB on my PC, I have acquired the notion that only one TLB license need be purchased for this machine, as TLB allows each account to create an unlimited(?) number of user-specific toolbars. Each toolbar button can, of course, have an unlimited(?) flyout menu tree.

Does anyone know of any TLB characteristics which would prohibit one license being used by ~10 accounts on one machine?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM -
In the current version there are no way to use own license for every users. I'll add this feature in the next versions.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

05-31-2005, 08:32 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:In the current version there are no way to use own license for every users. I'll add this feature in the next versions.

You lost me, Yuri. Are you saying there is no way to use ONE license by 10 users with accounts on the same machine? Is the problem that TLB "locks" itself onto only one active account, and this cannot be dynamically changed at login time?

If this "lockout" scenario is a good approximation to what 10 users would see, then please fear not. I'll just ask my management to buy 10 TLB licenses from you. :>)

If I have not guessed the underlying technical problem correctly, then please fill me in on the actual issues. This will help me convince management I know what you're talking about.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-31-2005, 10:31 AM -
I'll add the checkmark into "enter key" dialog:
* Install license only for this account

So it will be possible to install one license for all accounts (like it works now) or for current account only.

Quote:Is the problem that TLB "locks" itself onto only one active account, and this cannot be dynamically changed at login time?
Sorry I do not understand clearly this Sad
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

06-01-2005, 08:13 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Is the problem that TLB "locks" itself onto only one active account, and this cannot be dynamically changed at login time?
Sorry I do not understand clearly this Sad

No problem, Yuri. I now understand how TLB will work on a multi-account machine, and the installation checkmark you plan to add in a future version.

Thanks for your clarification.