Freelaunchbar not in list of toolbars
Started by bigdaddy

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
bigdaddy

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2005
06-08-2005, 07:38 AM -
First post, just downloaded the app. version 1.0.0.0 on XP Pro SP1.

I ran the installer and it seemed t go alright. However, when I rightclick on the taskbar to choose a toolbar, Freelaunchbar is not there. I have:

Address
Windows Media Player
Links
Desktop
Quicklaunch

I then looked around the forums and found somewhere that said try renaming the installer as setup.exe (Why?), tried that - nothing. Rebooted just incase that would help. Still nothing.

Am I missing something?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-08-2005, 11:50 AM -
try to rename installation package into setup.exe.

After finishing setup windows must to rebuild the list of toolbars.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
bigdaddy

06-08-2005, 12:22 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:try to rename installation package into setup.exe.

After finishing setup windows must to rebuild the list of toolbars.

I did that already. As I said in my first post, I looked around the forums and saw that someone else had said that. I did it and still nothing. Why would the renaming help anyways?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM -
Renaming helps in 90% but sometimes not.

Something wrong with your explorer. Some windows tweakers can write something wrong into registry. Try to open gpedit.msc then open:
User Configuration->Administrative templates->Desktop

By default all items must be "Not configured". Edit them into Enabled and then back to "Not configured".

Also check the "Start Menu and Taskbar" key. There are some values that can block FLB.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
bigdaddy

06-08-2005, 08:07 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Renaming helps in 90% but sometimes not.

Try to open gpedit.msc then open:
User Configuration->Administrative templates->Desktop

By default all items must be "Not configured". Edit them into Enabled and then back to "Not configured".

Also check the "Start Menu and Taskbar" key. There are some values that can block FLB.

Where is this gpedit.msc? I can't find it.
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
06-08-2005, 10:28 PM -
Quote:Where is this gpedit.msc? I can't find it.
Did you ever use the start menu? There's a useful feature there called search. Might want to give it a try Big Grin

C:\windows\system32
bigdaddy

06-09-2005, 05:13 AM -
Bob Freeman Wrote:
Quote:Where is this gpedit.msc? I can't find it.
Did you ever use the start menu? There's a useful feature there called search. Might want to give it a try Big Grin

C:\windows\system32

There is also a great little app called Agent Ransack that performs better than the Windows search. I searched for it but did not find it. Is this a file that freelaunchbar installs or is it a Windows componet?

Snide comments do nothing to build the user base of a product. I want to use this app and maybe become a member of the community, but if the community is full of people that look for every oppurtunity to make sacastic comments it will deter people from becoming involved.

I cannot open the file as I do not have sufficient priveldges. This is my work PC. Looks like I need to uninstall this app.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
06-09-2005, 05:42 AM -
Hello bigdaddy
gpedit.msc is usually found as C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedit.msc. This file is in XP Pro but perhaps is not available to a non-administrator. You can try selecting Start>Run and typing gpedit.msc. If it works you will see a new window labeled Group Policy. Let us know how it goes.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
bigdaddy

06-09-2005, 09:10 AM -
I get a little popup box saying I do not have permission and access is denied. Then the Group Policy comes up with red X'es. No big deal. I will just deal with the regular quicklaunch.