Using FLB oder TLB on more Computers
Started by PellerM

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PellerM

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2005
07-29-2005, 06:42 AM -
When I want to use FLB oder TLB on more Computers and I want to have the identically options and customizations of the F/TLB installations - how can I sync that? And how can I automate the synchronization?

Michael
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-30-2005, 12:25 PM -
F/TLB store all settings inside toolbar folder. So you can use any too to synchronize folders. The only note: F/TLB must be closed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PellerM

07-31-2005, 02:13 AM -
Thank you. The toolbar folder you mention is?:

Code:
c:\documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch

I saw the F/TLB settings stored in XML files in each folder. Very simple, very tricky.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-31-2005, 03:57 AM -
Yes, this is the default folder.
The TORDEX Team
PellerM

07-31-2005, 06:20 AM -
Thank you for that program! I tried a lot of software regarding Taskbar Management - your's is the very best!

Even if you decide to deinstall FLB no links are really lost - they are all in the quick launchbar folder and can be copied to the Desktop again.

Other solutions like H-Menu oder PowerPro seem to be to sophisticated and hard to understand just for beginners.

Best regards,
Michael

PS: I had the problem, that my XP forgot after restart the Free Taskbar Launcher and startet the XP Quick Launcher again. I found the solution in this forum and it worked quite well:

in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete values named:

NoSaveSettings
NoCloseDragDropBands
NoMovingBands
lucid801

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2005
11-12-2005, 09:37 AM -
Here's my question, In Windows XP I have created another user to record audio with a pared down system. I used the back-up from the other user on the same computer, but the folders with links are empty. So I'm looking to sychronize between these two users on the same computer. Of course, those files you refer to above are in different User folders under documents and settings. Do I need to make these links manually for the second user?
Thanks,
lucid801

PellerM Wrote:When I want to use FLB oder TLB on more Computers and I want to have the identically options and customizations of the F/TLB installations - how can I sync that? And how can I automate the synchronization?

Michael
Sad
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-12-2005, 01:22 PM -
Quote:Of course, those files you refer to above are in different User folders under documents and settings. Do I need to make these links manually for the second user?
Generally YES. But TLB can fetch files from ALL USERS and Current User profile for these folders only:
ADMINTOOLS,
FAVORITES,
STARTMENU,
PROGRAMS,
STARTUP

If you create Virtual Folder linked to the All Users then TLB fetch files from current user profile too.

Also you can add a Desktop Virtual Folder. It will show files for all users correctly.
The TORDEX Team