Battery Monitor makes my T41 Thinkpad beep
Started by jmkeuning

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
jmkeuning

11 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2005
11-03-2005, 07:47 PM -
For the last month I have tried EVERYTHING to make my laptop stop beeping and I was getting so pissed. It would whenever the batter was less than 100%. In other words, I could not use sound while unplugged. So I have been lurking in the forums trying to tyring to solve this problem.

So, I'm sitting here tonight and I decide to edit my registry. I try to change the Default and Current wav file just by changing the extension from .wav to .vaw - that did not work. So I decide to find the files on my computer and remove them. Since the alarm sound is "Battery Low.wav" I do a search for "battery" in explorer. The first thing that comes up is TLB Battery Monitor. While I am staring at the Find screen, waiting for the wav file, I think, "You must be kidding me." I unplug the computer and it starts beeping. I right click on the Battery Monitor and hit DELETE. Icon goes away, beeping stops.

So I reload it and the beeping starts. I went into the app and checked all the settings and all sounds are disabled.

Look, I love the program, it is the best, but that battery monitor almost had me taking my computer apart. btw, yes, the sound came out of the sound card.