Feature Request: Virtual Folder w/last used quick launch...
Started by DaSwitz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
DaSwitz

9 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2005
12-23-2005, 08:06 AM -
Maybe you can do this currently, but I haven't figured out a way. One thing I'd really love to see is a either a plug-in or virtual folder type that would allow me to quickly launch the last task I clicked in that folder.

The idea is this, the menu button would show the icon of the last launched program in that folder (and by default the first item in the folder.) The button would then have two functions. You could either click the "down" arrow to pull up the virtual folder list, or click the icon to launch the last activated task.

This would work just like the "Font Color" box works in Office 2003. The button always shows the last color selected and click the icon changes to that color. However, you can select a different color by clicking the down arrow.

(Heck, maybe there's even an option to have icon shown launch either the last activated task or the most frequently used task.)

I'd also love this feature to work with the default Quick Launch folder. Basically we could just group similiar task items in a subfolder directly off the default Quick Launch folder and TLB would then automatically make those first subfolders this type of button.

This feature would be extremely useful to me as I tend to have multiple similiarly related tasks on my QL bar.

As a web developer, I have the 4 most common browsers I test w/on my QL bar. However, 99.9% I use Firefox for my daily browsing. It would be great to condense these until basically one button. I could still get to Firefox with a single-click, but also quick get to the rest of my browsers.

There are other types of programs that I could group like this as well (Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, Quicktime, etc.)

I throw together a really quick idea of what the button might look like. The left-hand portion of the button you'd click to launch a task, the right-hand portion would pull up your folder contents.

Anyone else like this idea?

Attached Files Image(s)

DaSwitz

12-29-2005, 11:06 AM -
Any comments? Does anyone like this idea?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-29-2005, 01:37 PM -
this feature was suggested already, and it is will be released.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DaSwitz

12-29-2005, 06:38 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:this feature was suggested already, and it is will be released.

Thanks Yuri!
DaSwitz

03-14-2006, 07:51 PM -
Yuri,

Just wondering if you've given any more thought to this feature and if so, when do you think you might release it?

-Dan
DaSwitz

03-12-2008, 04:34 PM -
Geez, it's hard to believe it's almost been a year since the last post, but has there been any progress on this?
DaSwitz

03-15-2010, 07:16 AM -
Ok, it's been like 5 years since I first requested this feature. Is this every going to be released? Now that I have 5 icons for Firefox in my quick launch bar, I'd really love to implement this feature. I generally on launch one specific version of Firefox, but when in development I need to quickly have access to open up the older revisions of the browser.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM -
Here are described the delayed menus. This is not exactly the same as you requested, but very similar.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DaSwitz

03-15-2010, 07:57 AM -
That is basically what I want. I posted a comment in the other thread, because I'm not seeing an option for creating a delayed menu.