Icons in Menus very slow to load
Started by foxyrick

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
foxyrick

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2013
06-06-2017, 11:44 AM -
I've been a user of TLB for years, and never had this problem until now. I recently bought an HP 800 G2 Mini Desktop. It has an i7-6700 CPU, 16GB RAM, a fast SSD, runs Windows 7 Ultimate and everything else works perfectly and fast.

In my TLB toolbar, I have a number of submenus. These point to folders on my SSD which contain the shortcuts. Every reboot, when I click a menu, it takes several seconds for the icons within the menu to show. All of the icons will be the default/blank icon at first, wait two to three seconds, then they all suddenly display properly.

If I then click another menu, same again with several seconds wait for the icons. On subsequent clicks of the menus, the icons are there immediately.

Note that the icons on the toolbar itself show up immediately; I'm talking about the icons inside the menus/folders.

I'm not saying this is a TLB issue as such, but can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot and fix this and have the icons there immediately?

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-16-2017, 12:13 PM -
What TLB version do you use?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
foxyrick

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2013
07-17-2017, 01:27 AM -
Version 7.3 (64 bit). Windows itself it fully up to date with patches (except a few telemetry and Windows 10 related updates).

I've tried all the Windows' icon trouble shooting things I can find on the 'net, like deleting IconCache.db and rebuilding the cache.

It does not matter how long my PC has been on. When I *first* go to a menu, even after an hour, the icons will be default when it first shows.

I have not seen any other problems with icons in Windows. The icons on the toolbar itself, that I click on to open the menus, display immediately on boot up. It is just on the icons inside the menus that do not.
This post was last modified: 07-17-2017, 01:31 AM by foxyrick.