Started by Tphiau

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Tphiau

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2006
01-15-2006, 07:25 PM -
Hi there,
I have been using FLB for a while now, and like it, so I decided to check out TLB.
I have a problem, since installing. When XP launches, it just stops. I think it is stopping when TLB is loading. Because the taskbar starts to appear, then everything just sits there.
If I check the taskmanager, nothing is eating the processor, and most of the usual startup stuff is loaded.

The only way I can deal with this is thru the Task manager. If I logoff, then log back on, it usually starts up properly.
Has anyone had any experience with this? I checked the FAQ, but couldn't find this kind of problem.

BTW, I am using these plugins:
media control, system monitor, clock, turn off computer

thank you
tphiau
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
01-15-2006, 08:30 PM -
Just for a test you can try deleting each plugin one-by-one to see if one of them is making a difference. Start with Media Control plugin and post back to let us know how you are progressing.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-16-2006, 01:25 AM -
Tphiau, what True Launch Bar version do you use?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Tphiau

01-16-2006, 07:03 AM -
I am using version 3.2.12 beta. This came about when the program checked for updates. It download this one.

I have removed all plugins, by deleting them off the toolbar, and removing them all from the plugins folder in PRogram files. Still the same problem.

I even went further, and unselected TrueLaunchbar as a toolbar. Computer loaded normally after a reboot.

But with the plugins all gone, TLB still stops windows during bootup. What I get is a totally blank screen with the background image, but no desktop icons - and the taskbar hangs in startup mode. It has popped up on the screen, but never completes. A logoff and logon once, or twice, usually fixes this, and gives me back my computer.

One thing, I notice with TLB selected as a Toolbar, in the Toolbar box where you turn TLB on, there are two copies of TLB. Only one is ticked. Is this right?
ANd does any of this help to clear up the mystery?
Regards
tphiau
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-16-2006, 07:12 AM -
Quote:I even went further, and unselected TrueLaunchbar as a toolbar. Computer loaded normally after a reboot.
Please can you try with version 3.2?

Quote:One thing, I notice with TLB selected as a Toolbar, in the Toolbar box where you turn TLB on, there are two copies of TLB. Only one is ticked. Is this right?
Yes this is correctly. One menu item "True Launch Bar..." can be used to open the second TLB toolbar and the ticked item can be used to turn off TLB.
The TORDEX Team
Tphiau

01-16-2006, 07:15 AM -
Can I just install 3.2 over the top? Or do I need to uninstall and start from scratch?
tphiau
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-16-2006, 07:17 AM -
Also please try to delete everything from True Launch Bar toolbar, and restart. Maybe TLB don't like one of shortcuts.
The TORDEX Team
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-16-2006, 07:18 AM -
Tphiau Wrote:Can I just install 3.2 over the top? Or do I need to uninstall and start from scratch?
Uninstall 3.2.12 and install 3.2

Other way: turn off TLB, logoff/logon, delete tlb.dll and install 3.2 over 3.2.12
The TORDEX Team
Tphiau

01-16-2006, 07:49 AM -
OK! Way to go.
I reinstalled with 3.2.
All works now. Reboots as expected. I loaded the save I had done on the toolbar, (so everything I had before) and it all seems to work. Plus fires properly after a reboot.
Lots icons in the reload of the toolbar, but will restore those, and it should be back as it was - totally.

Will let you know if it survives doing that.
Thanks,
tphiau
Tphiau

01-16-2006, 08:23 AM -
Fixed!
Same plugins etc as before. Now works fine. Must be something in the beta perhaps.
Thanks
tphiau