[solved] Weather Monitor Clear 16 skin bug?
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
03-05-2006, 01:01 PM -
ok the The Weather Channel file works. except there is not as much info in the tooltip as there was for underground. All there is for the tooltip is temp and conditions.

Also I kept the icons at 19 x 19 and they work great. Look very nice. Here is a pic

[Image: th_92721_wtn.JPG]
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-05-2006, 02:07 PM -
The tooltip only shows the two items because we threw the provider file together at the spur of the moment. It will take a while to write additional items. Which items from the weather web page did you wish to use in the tooltip? We can work on it sometime in the near future.

By the way - is your IE customised?
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
gate1975mlm

03-05-2006, 02:29 PM -
Q Section Wrote:The tooltip only shows the two items because we threw the provider file together at the spur of the moment. It will take a while to write additional items. Which items from the weather web page did you wish to use in the tooltip? We can work on it sometime in the near future.

Thats ok after more testing I like the underground better Smile they seem to have more info on there site.

But I do have just one more problem. I was doing a test and putting in different citys that are having different weather conditions so I can test the icons. And some of the weather types do not load an icon for some reason. Like one city has Partly Cloudy but no icon is showing. Same for these Freezing Fog, Light Snow Showers, Heavy Snow Showers Freezing Fog, Light Rain,Rain Mist,Mostly Cloudy,Light Snow Showers Freezing Fog, And Overcast and Light Rain Mist shows a sun icon.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks again for all your help really means alot! Big Grin
gate1975mlm

03-05-2006, 02:31 PM -
Yes my IE looks that way because I use Stardock Window Blinds. Great skinning software.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stardock.com/">http://www.stardock.com/</a><!-- m -->
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-05-2006, 03:50 PM -
Open your skin.ini file from your Clear 16 folder and add
Code:
Partly Cloudy=Pclouds2.png
to anywhere under the [default icons] heading. Save and right click on the Weather Monitor and open properties and click OK and check to see if it works now for Partly Cloudy.

For the other conditions you need an icon for each condition (which we may have) and a further change in the skin.ini file. Please generate a small list with your additional icons/weather conditions that you wish. We can see what we can do.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gate1975mlm

03-05-2006, 06:20 PM -
Q Section Wrote:Open your skin.ini file from your Clear 16 folder and add
Code:
to anywhere under the [default icons] heading. Save and right click on the Weather Monitor and open properties and click OK and check to see if it works now for Partly Cloudy.

For the other conditions you need an icon for each condition (which we may have) and a further change in the skin.ini file. Please generate a small list with your additional icons/weather conditions that you wish. We can see what we can do.
Strange but that does not work.

This place has Party Cloudy right now if you want to try it <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Merced.html">http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Merced.html</a><!-- m -->
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-05-2006, 06:34 PM -
OK got it now. In the skin.ini place
Code:
under the [wunderground.ini] heading near the bottom of the file. To reset go right click properties and OK from the plugin. This applies if you are using Weather Underground only.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gate1975mlm

03-05-2006, 07:46 PM -
Q Section Wrote:OK got it now. In the skin.ini place
Code:
under the [wunderground.ini] heading near the bottom of the file. To reset go right click properties and OK from the plugin. This applies if you are using Weather Underground only.
Still not working

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Paso_Robles.html">http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Paso_Robles.html</a><!-- m -->
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-05-2006, 10:00 PM -
We are using the same setup as a test. Let us recheck to see if you are using the same settings. As far as Paso Robles is concerned - you now need to add Scattered Clouds under [Clouds] in the wunderground.ini provider file.

[Image: th_abf3093a.png]
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gate1975mlm

03-06-2006, 06:13 AM -
[Image: th_54384_test.JPG]

Yes Scattered Clouds works with any icon I pick but all the ones listen above will not show any icon.

[Image: th_54634_test_2.JPG]

And if you look at the tooltip see where for conditions is says few it does that for everyone that does not show a condition icon.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-06-2006, 06:58 PM -
Please do not think the Weather Monitor is not a good plugin. It works well but we need to get your software (provider file and skin file) correct. It would be so good if you were to learn a little about those files and you can do so here. Once you learn how the simple coding goes you can create your own plugins to parse any page you like such as a Sports Scores plugin.

We need to be online at the same time to synchronise looking at the same weather cities so we can get your provider file correct. It seems that your skin.ini file may be correct by now.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gate1975mlm

03-07-2006, 08:53 AM -
Q Section Wrote:Please do not think the Weather Monitor is not a good plugin. It works well but we need to get your software (provider file and skin file) correct. It would be so good if you were to learn a little about those files and you can do so here. Once you learn how the simple coding goes you can create your own plugins to parse any page you like such as a Sports Scores plugin.

We need to be online at the same time to synchronise looking at the same weather cities so we can get your provider file correct. It seems that your skin.ini file may be correct by now.
Hi no not at all I think its a very good plug in. Smile I just need to figure out some things. And thanks also for your help.

I will take a look at your link. If I want to add things to the tooltip for the weather.com ini file what would i need to do?

Also thanks to your link I see I can just right click and change the icon for each condition. That seems to work unlike the other thing I was doing.
gate1975mlm

03-07-2006, 03:57 PM -
Could I please have a provider file for <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USPA1276.html">http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USPA1276.html</a><!-- m -->

And for the tooltip I would like these

Conditions: clear
Temperature: 40
Feels Like: 37°
Wind: N 10 mph
Barometer: 30.14 in and rising
Humidity: 27%
Dewpoint: 11°
Visibility: 10 mi
Sunrise: 6:25 am
Sunset: 5:59 pm
Last Update 6:50 PM

I would like them in that order also.

Thanks Big Grin
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-07-2006, 04:49 PM -
Now....try this. This is a new provider file to go into the provider folder (obviously) and then add the icon to your Clear 16\Icons folder. Let us hear how it goes.

Attached Files Image(s)

.ini   yahoo3day.ini (Size: 5 KB / Downloads: 268)
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
gate1975mlm

03-07-2006, 04:58 PM -
ok it read the weather info ok but that clear night icon is not showing.

Also is there any way too take out some of the things in the tooltip. I would only like to have what I posted above in that order. Smile