Started by fhurst

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
03-25-2006, 02:13 PM -
Had to uninstall TLB.

I was pasting links from my Firefox Browser into a Menu, I named shortcuts, where I had also placed some of my desktop shortcuts. One of the shorcuts had a name that TLB said was too long, but somehow allowed it to move into the quicklaunch folder anyway, and then everything went crazy. All of my toolbars would turn off and then back on and then off again. They just kept looping and I couldn't navigate anywhere to fix it, so I opened Task Manager and exited my Windows account, went into another account and uninstalled TLB.

When I reopened my account and reinstalled TLB, it did the same thing again, so I went back to the other account uninstalled TLB again, and did a registry search for all I could find on TLB and had it delete them, and the files in the installation directory for TLB.

I also went into the Quicklaunch directory and deleted the file TLB had singled out as having too long a file name, which is probably the only thing I should have done in the first place.

When I reinstalled TLB, it would not take my Registration Code.

I'm using Widows XP home and TLB 3.2.

Any idea what I can do?
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-25-2006, 03:06 PM -
I've found the bug with long file names. In the next version this bug will be fixed. Also please can you give me a link that you inserted into TLB. I need this for testing.

Quote:When I reinstalled TLB, it would not take my Registration Code.
Check the True Launch Bar version. If you've installed version 3.2.13RC1 then you need other key. You can request new key here
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
fhurst

03-26-2006, 08:14 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:...snip...
Also please can you give me a link that you inserted into TLB. I need this for testing.

Sorry, I deleted the link that caused the problem and I even changed the name in my Favorites so that I would not have that problem again.

Quote:
fhurst Wrote:When I reinstalled TLB, it would not take my Registration Code.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Check the True Launch Bar version. If you've installed version 3.2.13RC1 then you need other key. You can request new key here

The About section of TLB says it is 3.2, andthere are no other numbers after the 3.2. I do, however update to the latest version when I see one.
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-27-2006, 07:53 AM -
Quote:The About section of TLB says it is 3.2, andthere are no other numbers after the 3.2. I do, however update to the latest version when I see one.
Contact me by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->) I'll resent your key for version 3.2
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
fhurst

03-27-2006, 08:40 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:The About section of TLB says it is 3.2, andthere are no other numbers after the 3.2. I do, however update to the latest version when I see one.
Contact me by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->) I'll resent your key for version 3.2

You should be getting an e-mail soon, Thanks.

By the way, you getting a bit rough looking, since your last picture, look like you either lost some weight, been workin out with weights, staying up late, or joined a motorcycle gang and you gonna kick butt. :wink:
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst