Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
Lightbulb  07-22-2021, 09:09 AM -
Anybody interested in a "Show us your TLB taskbar" thread? It might be interesting, because we'd get ideas from each other. JIC there's any interest, I'm going to start it off with a shot of my own TLB taskbar.

Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Koopa8840

21 posts 4 threads Joined: Dec 2018
07-23-2021, 06:26 AM -
Here is mine. It still needs some tweaking. I wish Yuri would become active with the program.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

07-23-2021, 07:44 AM -
Wow! I'm impressed! How much of the vertical and horizontal is in TLB?
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Koopa8840

07-23-2021, 05:38 PM -
The vertical bar is approximately 150px. The horizontal bar is 100px. One thing I'm trying to accomplish is vertically stacking small icons, but I don't think it's possible. I haven't been successful. Sad
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

07-24-2021, 08:27 AM -
Ok, so I realized while I was looking at your screenshot that I actually don't know what I'm seeing there: I don't know which objects are just shortcuts, which ones are live (and show you data), and which ones are other things. That made me realize that a word of explanation would be valuable, when anyone shares his TLB taskbar layout with the rest of us.

I'll go first. This is a composite shot, showing all of my expanded menus, some of which have flyouts, and some of those have flyouts. My buttons are (L > R) Recycle Bin (obviously, and it shows the full/empty difference), Firefox, Windows 10 Mail, and the clipboard monitor (Thanks, Yuri), which only shows the clipboard icon when there's something on the clipboard, and my four buttons for my Library, Tools, System, and Access menus (blue, yellow, red, and green, respectively), and then This PC, Chrome browser, and Google Keep Notes. Click the image to see a larger view.

And this one just shows the indicator buttons, Rec Bin and clipboard, in indicator mode.

Now how about an explanation of your system?
This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 08:31 AM by Wisewiz. Edit Reason: new information for new members
Wisewiz
atitlan

33 posts 16 threads Joined: Dec 2008
07-24-2021, 04:08 PM -

The image shows TLB on a vertically arrayed, hidden Taskbar, running on a 32-inch monitor in landscape mode.

From Windows 98 to '10' the Taskbar on all my PCs has been set this way. This TLB is a direct descendant and ongoing evolution of all my TLBs since 'Vista'.

Since 'Visita' I run dual monitors, with the secondary in Portrait mode and managed by 'DisplayFusion'. DF does not support TLB, but provides basic shortcut/icon management for its Taskbar.

Obviously, my laptops do NOT have TLBs with 70+  Shortcuts / Menus. In fact, on my current 15.6-inch display laptop, TLB is reduced to 5-columns x 4-rows + Drive & Volume controls.

There are 13 Menus in the TLB configuration shown here, many with sub-menus. I am attaching an image for the Menu 'Windows System + Browsers + Mouse'. It looks like overkill — perhaps; nevertheless, it is invaluable.

Speaking of 'invaluable', that would be my characterization for TLB's 'Clipboard Manager'.

For the record, I run Open-Shell and have been refining it since its Classic-Shell origin/history long ago.

TLB + C-S  made Windows 8 and 8.1 usable.

The present state of Windows 11 builds of the insider program bode poorly for TLB in its current development. Personally, I very much hope Yuri Kobets will [wish and be able to] adapt it to the forthcoming Windows incarnation.
This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 08:59 PM by atitlan.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

07-25-2021, 03:07 AM -
(07-24-2021, 04:08 PM)atitlan Wrote:
Quote: (good explanation of posted images)

Thanks for showing us what you've accomplished with TLB, atitlan. I just frittered away about half an hour of my Sunday morning, studying your layouts and figuring out how you did some of those things. A very worthwhile use of my time, indeed. Thanks again.

Quote:Speaking of 'invaluable', that would be my characterization for TLB's 'Clipboard Manager'.

I agree completely. I use it extensively every single day. I've had a dozen clipboard managers over the years since the mid-80s, when I got my first PC, and none was ever as useful and flexible as Yuri's TLB version.

Quote:The present state of Windows 11 builds of the insider program bode poorly for TLB in its current development. Personally, I very much hope Yuri Kobets will [wish and be able to] adapt it to the forthcoming Windows incarnation.

Me, too.
Wisewiz
Koopa8840

07-25-2021, 09:01 AM -
All the skins, being used, are temporary until I have time to create some.
This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 09:02 AM by Koopa8840.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)