How to move TLB off of Taskbar?
Started by gerlin

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
gerlin

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2007
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM -
I am not sure if I am just doing something stupid or if there is an issue with my setup.

I cannot move TLB off of my taskbar and back as a seperate bar.

I just rebuilt my system with the release verison of Vista, installed the beta version of TLB (v4.1.2), and was having no problems "playing" around trying to figure out how I wanted to configure it this time.

However, once I moved it onto the taskbar, I can't get it back out. I can "close toolbar" (TLB) from task manager, though I can't reopen it any where else.

I thought I could just drag the TLB back from the taskbar to the desktop, though that does not seem to work.

I ran "Reset TLB settings" app, with no luck. I even unistalled and reinstalled TLB. When I relaunched the TLB window did not appear (as it did on my first install). I can only get TLB by adding it via the Windows taskbar.

Thanks for a great app, I sure have gotten my money's worth. When I reinstalled I had to dig out my license emails, I first purchased in 2002.

Lou
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-31-2007, 12:51 PM -
I don't know why but the Vista don't allow to move the toolbars off the taskbar. Maybe this is the bug of the Vista :evil: Anyway the Quick Launch toolbar have same problems.

You have two ways to move TLB off the taskbar.
1) Use the "Standalone True Launch Bar" - you'll find the shortcut in the Start menu
2) Take any folder and drag it to the top of the sceen. When you drop it Vista create the toolbar with the folder content. If you right-click the empty space of toolbar you'll find the "Toolbars" submenu with True Launch Bar. When you open TLB you can close the first quick launch.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gerlin

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2007
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM -
Thanks,

The "drag folder to the top" suggestion worked fine.

I also tried the "Standalone" Method (which is what I really wanted) and again could not find my TLB bar.

Though I figured out what I was doing wrong. When was experimenting earlier, the last thing I did was set the Dock Side properties to bottom. That is when I originally lost my bar. I only got it back by right-clicking and adding it to the taskbar.

So it turns out the standalone bar was working all along, it was just hidden behind the new Vista start logo. After moving the taskbar to the top I was able to right click on the TLB and change the properties to move the bar back off the bottom.

I guess when I ran "Reset TLB settings" app and uninstalled and reinstalled TLB, it still remembered that the bar was at the bottom.

Thanks again.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-31-2007, 04:43 PM -
Quote:So it turns out the standalone bar was working all along, it was just hidden behind the new Vista start logo. After moving the taskbar to the top I was able to right click on the TLB and change the properties to move the bar back off the bottom.
Hmm... this is the bug. Toolbar must be over the taskbar. I'll try to fix this bug. Thank you.

Quote:I guess when I ran "Reset TLB settings" app and uninstalled and reinstalled TLB, it still remembered that the bar was at the bottom.
"Reset TLB settings" just delete the files with toolbar settings and/or plugins buttons. These files are saved in the toolbar folder and have all settings like colors, ordering etc. This utility can't to control the toolbar position.
The TORDEX Team
Aj

40 posts 15 threads Joined: Dec 2004
03-26-2007, 08:41 PM -
Thanks ... had the same problem, dragging folder, then switching toolbars worked ...
Rhywun1

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2007
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM -
This is a decent way to separate the toolbar from the taskbar, BUT is there a way to remove the hideous border from the new toolbar and/or make it look similar to the taskbar? [I am using Vista x64].

The hideous border is the same thick border that appears around all windows.

There doesn't even seem to be a way to lock the new toolbar. Thanks, Vista Sad
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-08-2008, 11:36 PM -
Unfortunately that "hideous" is the Vista feature - one of the visual style element. TLB can't to control this border. The only solution - use standalone tlb. You can make the toolbar like the taskbar with standalone tlb.
The TORDEX Team
Rhywun1

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2007
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:You can make the toolbar like the taskbar with standalone tlb.

How do I do that? I've never used the standalone version before. When I open it up I get something that looks exactly the same as before, with the thick border around it. I tried a skin but it only changed the buttons, not the border.

NEVER MIND - I found it. Under "Toolbar Properties". Wow, I've been using TLB for like 5 years and I still learn something new (almost) every day Smile