Two issues
Started by Nocturnal

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Nocturnal

17 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2007
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM -
One is that with the newest beta the hot keys are labeled very strangely. It says the name of the shortcut and then {//Win+1.

Two, I don't know if this is a bug or if this is a feature but if I have a folder that has all of my MS Office shortcuts and then create a hot key to open MS Word, unless I first go and look through that virtual folder I cannot use the hot key that is attached to anything inside that particular virtual folder.

Attached are a few screen shots.

[Image: MyDocs.jpg]
[Image: vfolder1.jpg]
[Image: vfolder2.jpg]

I created two virtual folders which consist of shortcuts to My Computer, My Docs, etc, and I've assigned hot keys to each one, Win+1, etc. Then I have another virtual folder with Office shortcuts. I attached a hot key to the Word shortcut.

The only thing is, when I restart my computer, I have to view the Office virtual folder before I use the hot key that I assigned to the shortcut. However, for the virtual folder that has the shortcuts to My Computer, My Docs, etc. upon a restart, I can use the shortcut without having to view that folder first.

Is this a feature or a bug?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM -
Quote:One is that with the newest beta the hot keys are labeled very strangely. It says the name of the shortcut and then {//Win+1.
Please can you post a screenshot here. Also please tell me the Windows version you are using.

Quote:Two, I don't know if this is a bug or if this is a feature but if I have a folder that has all of my MS Office shortcuts and then create a hot key to open MS Word, unless I first go and look through that virtual folder I cannot use the hot key that is attached to anything inside that particular virtual folder.
This is not a bug. TLB don't load the virtual folders on startup. So it don't know about hotkeys there. There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Move shortcuts into regular menu
2) Right-click the virtual folder Appearance->Load at startup
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Nocturnal

17 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2007
03-07-2007, 03:26 PM -
Thanks Yuri. You have a great product. I went ahead and changed the folders to start up. However, the weird hot key text still remains. I hope the screen shots help you.
Cristian

9 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2006
03-08-2007, 03:31 AM -
Same problem here on XP SP2.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-08-2007, 09:29 AM -
Please can somebody test this version. I've fixed the bugs with hotkeys and centered text, But not sure about this.
This is 32bit version. Replace tlb.dll with the file from zip file.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
FlyingHorse

54 posts 13 threads Joined: Apr 2004
03-08-2007, 07:44 PM -
Thank you, Yuri!

This fixed the centered text bug for me on Vista 32bit.