[Solved] 4.1.7 still does not work in Vista
Started by IK

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
IK

8 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2007
04-03-2007, 03:47 AM -
Hi, I downloaded 4.1.7, and can not run it in Vista RTM (at least the aerial fashion and the 120 dpi font which I use on my high-resolution screen). It can be used as a separate dash in upper part of the screen.
But as soon as I want to put it at the bottom-left instead of the Quick Launch toolbar, it disappears and never shows up again when start it, either automatically (restart of computer) or manually.
Any comments?
Thanks.
IK

04-05-2007, 03:57 AM -
Hey, since I have no response from others and the program developer, I guess that something is wrong with the question.

Am just populating the details:

Windows Vista RTM (aero style, screen resolution 1680x1050, font 120 dpi)
IE 7.0
TrueLaunchBat 4.1.7RC

Anything also?
Any screenshots are unavailable, as there is just no TrueLaunchBar on the screen at all.

Thanks for suggestions.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-05-2007, 04:14 AM -
Please can you describe how you turn on the TLB and want happens? Do you get the Explorer crash or something other? I don't understand clearly. Sorry.

Do you have DEP turned on?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
IK

04-05-2007, 05:45 AM -
Thanks.
I install it, and at the first run it appears at the upper part of the screen, as an independent dash. Here I can use it, customize, and so on, but as soon as I check the option that it must appear down, instead of the regular Quick Launch menu, it completely disappears.

I still see the tlbHost.exe process in the TaskManager, but do not have the entire program on the screen. When I make a right-click on the Taskbar and go to Toolbars in the pop-up menu, there is the TrueLaunchBar listed, and it is checked, but I have no application on the screen!

Thereafter I can kill the tlbHost.exe process and restart tlbHost.exe manually, but nothing happens. The same when I restart the computer: the tlbHost.exe is presented among the processes, the TrueLaunchBar is listed and checked among toolbars in the pop-up menu of the Taskbar, but I do not have the application on the screen.

And sorry, what is the DEP which you asked about?

In fact, as I do not see the application on my screen, I can not go to its options any more...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-05-2007, 08:32 AM -
Try two things:
1) right-click taskbar and uncheck "Lock The Taskbar". Now you can see where TLB toolbar is. It will be between two vertical separators. Maybe your toolbar is empty. If you don't see any toolbar please post the screenshot of your unlocked taskbar. But I guess you'll see toolbar if "True Launch Bar" is checked

2) try to close tlbHost and uncheck/check "True Launch Bar" in the toolbars menu on the taskbar.
The TORDEX Team
IK

04-05-2007, 08:44 AM -
OK, thanks, will do at home tonight and report you tomorrow (because of the time lag).

In fact, I did it unlocked. But your point, it could be just empty, that's why I probably did not see it. Will post you a screenshot if it does not work.
Thanks again! BTW, really great application (as I used it in XP for quite long time)!!
IK

04-05-2007, 03:48 PM -
No, Sir, am sorry.
When I click on the TrueLauncBar (see attached screenshot), nothing happens. It does not appear anywhere, and when I open this pop-up menu next time, it is not checked again :(

I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the program tonight, but nothing new happened. It even did not appear at the upper part of the screen at the first start as before. Seems that the previous settings have been remembered somehow somewhere, dispite the use of the cleaning utilite you provide...
Other suggestions?..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-05-2007, 04:02 PM -
Try to run this reg file.

The settings for the "top toolbar" is here in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\True Software\tlbHost\toolbars

Try delete this key if is exists.
The TORDEX Team
IK

04-06-2007, 03:02 AM -
Thanks, seems that there is no way to marry Vista and TrueLaunchBar at this point. Last night I played with this software ~3 hours.

After several installations and deinstallations I even could see the TrueLaunchBar, costomize it and work. However, when I restarted the computer, the standard Windows QuickLounch toolbar appeared again rather than the TrueLaunchBar.

The TrueLaunchBar could be started manually, though, but in that case it appeared in the right part of toolbar, between Langiage bar and System tray. Quite ugly. Indeed, when before restart of the computer, I unchecked QuickLaunch and checked TrueLaunchBar in the popup menu, but it did not work when computer started.

Seems that there may be some problem of Vista (which is a quite buggy monster yet) rather than a problem of TrueLaunchBar. I started to discuss this issue at the Dell Vista forum. Will see...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-06-2007, 04:14 AM -
Quote:After several installations and deinstallations I even could see the TrueLaunchBar, costomize it and work. However, when I restarted the computer, the standard Windows QuickLounch toolbar appeared again rather than the TrueLaunchBar.
This is known problem. This topic describes how to solve it by deleting some bad registry values. I hope this works with the Vista too.

Quote:The TrueLaunchBar could be started manually, though, but in that case it appeared in the right part of toolbar, between Langiage bar and System tray.
TLB opens at the right side when there are exists already opened TLB toolbars.
The TORDEX Team
IK

04-06-2007, 05:04 PM -
Thank you, Sir! It worked. Just one DWORD that I had, NoSaveSettings, fixed the issue. I've already paid for the program, it's really great. As well as your help and patiency: nobody in the Dell and Microsoft forums answered my enquires.

By the way, are you really going to send me any special reg code or, as this is a beta "for the former Soviet Union" no geristration code required?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-06-2007, 05:52 PM -
Quote:By the way, are you really going to send me any special reg code or, as this is a beta "for the former Soviet Union" no geristration code required?
Yes, the registration service you've used must to send you reg key after order processed. If you don't get it contact me by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->).

PS. if you are using GMAIL check your spam folder. Emails with reg.key can be there.
The TORDEX Team
kunkel321

19 posts 5 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-04-2011, 09:58 AM -
Hi, I'm a newbie. I just bought TLB 4.1. It seems promising. I'm using it on Vista Hm Prem. I am able to run it as a toolbar, but I can't get it to act as a QuickLaunch replacement on the Windows Task Bar. If I right-click the Task Bar and go to the toolbars submenu, "True Launch Bar..." is on the list, and it is not greyed-out, but I cannot select it. Which is to say that even if I click it, it is still unchecked. Iv'e tried with the Task Bar locked and unlocked. I checked the troubleshooting part of the help file and went to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
I did not see:
NoSaveSettings
NoCloseDragDropBands
NoMovingBands
but there was a DiscSpace Check one that I set to zero, then restarted my PC. Did not help. I couldn't try the reg file above, or view the linked discussion because my login credentials won't let me access them...
Are there any other things I can try? Thanks. -steve
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-04-2011, 03:29 PM -
Firstly you can update TLB up to version 5.4 (it is free).

Try to right-click the taskbar, select Properties and then "Toolbars" tab. Turn on the True Launch Bar there and press OK. Sometimes this works.
The TORDEX Team
kunkel321

19 posts 5 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-04-2011, 05:55 PM -
Thanks for the reply... Unfortunately, still no luck. I get the same behavior: I can check it, but when I reopen taskbar properties, it is again unchecked. TLB never shows up.