Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
04-05-2007, 02:51 PM -
Maybe I'm the only one that's ever done this, but:

TLB stores icons in the
C:\Documents and Settings\%USR%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\icons

-- or at least mine seems to do this.

I, trying to be creative move **a bunch** of icons to that folder.

How can I save TLB (with the icon choices) and then deleye all those I'm not using?

Can I backup TLB, and will it keep all the needed icons, so that then I can dete them all, and when I restore TLB the icons it needs will "come back"?

Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM -
Generally you don't need to move icons into that folder. TLB copy icon into ~~images~~\icons folder when you check the option "Save icon with toolbar". So you get the folder with used icons only. And when you backup toolbar and restore in other place icons will be restored too.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

04-05-2007, 05:24 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Generally you don't need to move icons into that folder. TLB copy icon into ~~images~~\icons folder when you check the option "Save icon with toolbar". So you get the folder with used icons only. And when you backup toolbar and restore in other place icons will be restored too.

Got it. Thnaks Yuri.

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
CWBillow

04-05-2007, 05:35 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Generally you don't need to move icons into that folder. TLB copy icon into ~~images~~\icons folder when you check the option "Save icon with toolbar". So you get the folder with used icons only. And when you backup toolbar and restore in other place icons will be restored too.

Yuri:

I just tried what I thought you were saying:

I backed up TLB with the "Save icons with toolbar" checked.

Then I renamed the icons folder so that it wouldb't be used, which left all the icons as "regular", NOT the special icons I had set up.

Then I restored from the backup.

I got back all my special icons, but also all the ununsed icons that I had put in the ---images---\icons folder in error.

Did I do something wrong or will there be no way to just restore the icons I wanted for thsecific folders?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-06-2007, 04:16 AM -
Quote:I got back all my special icons, but also all the ununsed icons that I had put in the ---images---\icons folder in error.
That's right. TLB backup ALL icons it don't check if they in use or not.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

04-06-2007, 09:35 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I got back all my special icons, but also all the ununsed icons that I had put in the ---images---\icons folder in error.
That's right. TLB backup ALL icons it don't check if they in use or not.

OK, Yuri, thanks.

Chuck

Chuck Billow