Started by Shield

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Shield

32 posts 12 threads Joined: Apr 2007
04-30-2007, 03:42 AM -
Hi,

because it's my first post I like to start with something you probably already know: True Launch Bar is an inspired piece of software, in fact one of the most useful I've seen so far, although it's affected with some flaws and improvable in several ways which I like to address in the following...

User defined context menu - I am wondering why this most valuable profile by far is left out. Why not making the best out of the related links by placing them where they belong to... ?

[Image: tlbrelatedzb0.gif]

Symbiotic buttons - Imagine a couple of similar applications, let's say dictionaries. One is your favorite. Instead of putting them all together into one submenu, wouldn't it be nice if you have a button that does both: Already linking to your favorite AND opening a submenu with second choices ? Assigning a command to a menu button is all that's left to do to have this feature built in.

Column oriented sorting - For idiots like me :mrgreen: it's very tricky to arrange certain buttons one below the other inside a multiple column menu because of the prioroty of rows over columns. #-o An option to swap this priority would be a big relief !

Centered menu alignment ! Not only looks brilliant, it shortens mouse movements as well.

JPEG icons

"No Text in Caption Bar"-Option

Word wrap option when using large icons (like the ones on the desktop have).

Well, that's it. Let me hear what you think about it. Big Grin
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-01-2007, 03:21 PM -
Quote:User defined context menu - I am wondering why this most valuable profile by far is left out. Why not making the best out of the related links by placing them where they belong to... ?

Actually TLB supports User defined. The context menu templates can be found in the folder C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\contextmenu
Format is simple XML as example I've attached the context menu as on your screenshot.

Quote:Symbiotic buttons - Imagine a couple of similar applications, let's say dictionaries. One is your favorite. Instead of putting them all together into one submenu, wouldn't it be nice if you have a button that does both: Already linking to your favorite AND opening a submenu with second choices ? Assigning a command to a menu button is all that's left to do to have this feature built in.

Using the context menu templates you can build the menu you want. I hope Smile

I've added other suggestions into my todo list. Thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   related.zip (Size: 663 bytes / Downloads: 632)
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Shield

32 posts 12 threads Joined: Apr 2007
05-03-2007, 12:57 AM -
Thank you for pointing me to the contextmenu profiles and creating the special "related" one, Yuri. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to use it because of the "Manage related" placement. Sad

Settings, options, configurations ... these are things you don't want to have in the way anymore once the finishing touch has been applied. No longer have to skip rarely used menu items in order to launch the ones you actually want is already one of the benefits when TLB is used as a start menu replacement. It's sad that this has an unwelcome return when clicking the opposite mouse button. :?

Therefore, what about something like this ?

[Image: tlbcontextcustomizerpi8.png]
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM -
MODIFIED: Nevermind, I understand how this works now. I saw the option in settings - context menu, it just didn't make much sense to me what the options were about. And I sorta got it confused with submenu.

[Image: tlbrelatedzb0.gif]

This looks good to me.

Or at least I'd like to see the actions related to the folder at the bottom and the other options at the top.

eg
[Image: 20563199.jpg]

eg pic above: For the MSN Menu, the specific MSN action (sign in ' etc) have been moved to the bottom. As you are much more likely to be using these daily, having them on the bottom make them easier to locate and quicker to access.

Could this be an option in the settings at least, please?

I get so confused right clicking on folders because half them not only show the TLB menu items but also windows defaults and other programs eg winrar and everything else. So my right click menus are gigantic. It's hard to tell where the TLB ends and the other programs options begin, so some options for tidying up the context menus would be most excellent.