Width of menu decreases with increase in no. of menu
Started by vikassethi

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
vikassethi

8 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2007
05-24-2007, 07:40 PM -
This problem was always exiting since I have started using TLB. As you see in the pictures, I have 6 TLB menus titled .Net,1,F,R,S and E. Despite setting the size of the menus to 10000 in Metrics tab of TLB setttings, the width of the menus doesn't increase.

Further to that, the width of Menu named .Net is the widest and as we go further to right menus the width shrinks. I am also attaching the image that shows the width of the last menu named E.

Please help. All I want to do is have Menus that adjust automatically to the width of the menu items.

Attached Files
.zip   Images.zip (Size: 66.44 KB / Downloads: 453)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-25-2007, 12:37 AM -
TLB always use the with needed to fit all menu items. In the Metrics tab you can setup the maximum width only.

As I see on screenshot you need right-click in the menu select "View" and click "Default". This will set the default menu view mode: SHow icon and text.

I hope this helps.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
vikassethi

05-25-2007, 08:54 AM -
To save space in my taskbar, I just show text. Even if I display Text and Image, the issue is not resolved. The status quo remains the same. What else can be the problem?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-25-2007, 09:24 AM -
Maybe I don't understand you correctly Sad

Quote:All I want to do is have Menus that adjust automatically to the width of the menu items.

So you show the problem on the picture named "Last Menu Named E.jpg". Is this right? Do you want the menu items to be with the text labels? Am I right?
Do you think there are no text labels because the menu width is too small?

Are there any menu that shows correctly? Can you post the valid menu screenshot here, please?

PS. I'm sorry, English is not my native language and sometimes I can to understand something incorrectly :oops:
The TORDEX Team
vikassethi

05-25-2007, 03:29 PM -
"Do you think there are no text labels because the menu width is too small?" --> This is correct. This is what I mean. I am enclosing these new images of three menus that get smaller and no text gets displayed in E Menu. So the Menu named ".Net" on the left is widest and the Menu named 1 has less width that ".Net" and the width gets lesser as you move towards menus on right.

This is what I my problem. I want all menus to be as wide as their text.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-25-2007, 04:25 PM -
Quote:"Do you think there are no text labels because the menu width is too small?" --> This is correct. This is what I mean.

Well, then right-click any menu item or the menu caption, then select "View" submenu and click "Default". This will show the text labels for menu items.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
vikassethi

05-25-2007, 05:50 PM -
Thanks. Its resolved.