Folder Filtering
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
06-13-2007, 03:15 PM -
In reading through the Help, filtering seems to be only accessible to virtual folders.

??

Because all my TLB folders result from folders actually in the Quick Launch folder (AppData / ...), so they are NOT virtual, are they?

Is this not correct? If not how should I be setting these up? Because, the way I've got them now, I see no filtering options available.

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-14-2007, 11:48 AM -
Quote:Because all my TLB folders result from folders actually in the Quick Launch folder (AppData / ...), so they are NOT virtual, are they?
Yes

Quote:Is this not correct? If not how should I be setting these up? Because, the way I've got them now, I see no filtering options available.

Only non permanent filters (the filter hides files into Show Hidden menu) works for non virtual folder. The filtering options are always available in the Customize Menu dialog box.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

06-14-2007, 12:36 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Because all my TLB folders result from folders actually in the Quick Launch folder (AppData / ...), so they are NOT virtual, are they?
Yes

Quote:Is this not correct? If not how should I be setting these up? Because, the way I've got them now, I see no filtering options available.

Only non permanent filters (the filter hides files into Show Hidden menu) works for non virtual folder. The filtering options are always available in the Customize Menu dialog box.

Yuri:

If in fact I should have my TLB set up with all virtual folders, should I then, maybe, set up "real" folders somewhere like "My Documents", then giving me something to "point to" when setting up the virtual folder itself?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-16-2007, 03:13 PM -
If you plan to store the shortcuts in the menu then normal menus are the best choice. If you plan to have the menu with documents then VF is the better. Yes, you can create folder in the "My Documents" and make virtual folder on TLB with the content of that folder. To create the virtual folder just enter or select the path for Virtual Folder.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

06-16-2007, 03:57 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:If you plan to store the shortcuts in the menu then normal menus are the best choice. If you plan to have the menu with documents then VF is the better. Yes, you can create folder in the "My Documents" and make virtual folder on TLB with the content of that folder. To create the virtual folder just enter or select the path for Virtual Folder.

Yuri:

Yuri Kobets Wrote:If you plan to store the shortcuts in the menu then normal menus are the best choice.

Yes, most of my menus are for shortcuts... and that being the case, using regular folders (in Quick Launch) how can I then filter the contents that show on the menu?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow