would like double click option to open virtual menus
Started by ciabchumps

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
ciabchumps

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2006
08-14-2007, 12:09 AM -
while it's possible to double click any folder within a menu, if i want to open the virtual menu's "button" itself i need to right click and click on explore.

it would be great to just double click the button/virtual menu on my taskbar to load it up in explorer. in a way it would function both as a virtual menu and a shortcut.

it'd also be nice to be able to right click drag and drop directly onto the virtual menus. (to move files instead of just copying). if i do it now the menu options are 'add to related' and 'open with', not 'move here' & 'copy here' like i would expect.

i really hope you will find a way to disable/overide vista's win+1 (or win+2, etc) hotkeys. it's a really convenient hotkey assignment and the only reason i still have some original quick launch icons. i would love to convert to truelaunchbar exclusively.

steve
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-14-2007, 02:22 AM -
Quote:it would be great to just double click the button/virtual menu on my taskbar to load it up in explorer. in a way it would function both as a virtual menu and a shortcut.
This is possible right now but only if VF inside submenu. I'll try to make the same for buttons on the toolbar.

Quote:it'd also be nice to be able to right click drag and drop directly onto the virtual menus. (to move files instead of just copying). if i do it now the menu options are 'add to related' and 'open with', not 'move here' & 'copy here' like i would expect.
Ok, thank you for suggestion.

Quote:i really hope you will find a way to disable/overide vista's win+1 (or win+2, etc) hotkeys. it's a really convenient hotkey assignment and the only reason i still have some original quick launch icons. i would love to convert to truelaunchbar exclusively.
I know one way:
Run gpedit.msc then open:
User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Explorer
and set the option "Turn off Windows+X hotkeys" into "Enabled"
You need to restart computer (or just explorer.exe)

But this option disable ALL Win+X combinations including Win+R, Win+M etc.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Cogo

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2008
02-01-2008, 10:37 PM -
Suggestion 1:

I also would like to be able to double-click a Menu (Virtual Folder) on the Toolbar to open it. Right now, if I double-click a Menu Folder on the Toolbar, it simply opens and then closes the menu, i.e. A double click acts like two single clicks. Hopefully this can also work if I put "My Computer" Virtual Folder directly on the toolbar. I would probably use this feature a lot.

Suggestion 2:

The "move here" and "copy here" for virtual menus is also a good suggestion and could be added to the right-click drag and drop.

Number 3:
This is a fantastic program!! Thank you for making it.
David Tong

55 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2006
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM -
I'd like to add to the requests for being able to double-click on a virtual folder to open it from a toolbar (as mentioned in my 2006 post http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic....ght=#12301).

And if we need that, we also need the global filter to work from a Toolbar (see http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic....ght=#14825).

Meanwhile though, just to get this in perspective, I totally agree with Cogo's point No. 3. TLB is a great product! I use it many times a day and would be lost without it. Big Grin
ciabchumps

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2006
03-13-2009, 06:36 AM -
it's been 3 years since my original post and I must say i've been happily using truelaunchbar since.

but i also wish every day that i could double click to open my buttons Smile