Started by Texan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM -
Yuri:

Are there any guidelines and/or instructions on how to use the virtual desktop plug-in after it's installed?

What happens to the "original desktop" ???

I'm afraid to try to use it for fear I'll lose my original desktop???

Guidelines please!!!
Texan
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM -
This is simple. After creating the Virtual Desktop button you'll see something like on the first screenshot. You can click the "desktops" on plugin and switch to the other desktop. Every desktop have its own windows. When you switch the desktop VD hides all currently visible windows and show the windows that was visible on the activated desktop.

When you start some app, it open window on the active desktop. You can move the windows between the desktops via context menu or by hotkey.

So "desktop" is the set of windows only. So you can make the own environment for each desktop. For example: as you can see I'm using 3 desktops. The first desktop I'm using to keep the development tools, the 3'th for Internet and the second for all other tools.

If you delete plugin it show all hidden windows back. Anyway there are no deep system changes. You don't lost anything. VD keep control even if explorer crashes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com