Shortcuts taking long to load
Started by Nocturnal

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Nocturnal

17 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2007
12-09-2007, 11:24 PM -
I just dled the newest beta thinking that this would fix this problem; it hasn't.

When I try to launch a shortcut such as an Excel file from the TLB, it takes a really long time.

It doesn't seem to be all shortcuts as IE will launch immediately.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP2 and 4GB of memory.
Nocturnal

17 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2007
12-09-2007, 11:32 PM -
After further investigation it only seems one particular file is taking extremely long to load. It is an Excel file. Any ideas why?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM -
So, only one file is loaded a long time. All other works fine. Am I right?
Is this file on your computer or on the network? Can you send this file to me? What Office version do you use?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
RoC1909

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2004
12-27-2007, 08:25 PM -
I have a similar issue. When I click on a folder shortcut that I placed on the truelaunchbar toolbar, the folder will not appear UNLESS I then click the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop. Once I do that, both the 'My Computer' window appears AND the shortcut folder that I created.

All the other program groups as well as the programs work great when I use TLB to launch them.

Nothing was added to or removed from my system (Windows XP Home SP2). I have no viruses. I am using the 4.2.2 beta.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

RoC

UPDATED***
While searching around the forums, I found out that I can use a 'Virtual Folder' shortcut instead of the way I have been. While I forgot about VF's (and really like the way they show my data), my problem above is not really a BIGGIE for me anymore but it might be something to look into.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2007, 08:47 PM -
RoC1909, please check if the service "Network DDE" is disabled. I've found this service can cause the problems you described.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
RoC1909

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2004
12-30-2007, 08:29 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:RoC1909, please check if the service "Network DDE" is disabled. I've found this service can cause the problems you described.

Hi Yuri,

I just checked the service and it is DISABLED. I really wonder what could have happened.

***UPDATE***:
I think I found my problem. For some reason I enabled the "Indexing Service" so that I could speed up searches and I just stopped it and now whenever I press the TLB folder shortcut button, the window pops up immediately. I'll test this out for awhile and if I DO NOT respond in a day or so, this will be the reason and quite possibly the fix.

Thanks again for your help Yuri.

RoC