Free Launch Bar compatible with Vista (32-bit)?
Started by beerslayer

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
beerslayer

13 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2006
03-02-2008, 09:39 AM -
Hi,

I had been using FLB for years on my old Windows 2000 computer, but I have recently bought a new system which runs Windows Vista. I would love to use FLB on this machine, but I have had problems running some older software under Vista and I don't want to mess up my OS by installing something that's incompatible with it.

So my questions are: has FLB been tested and found to work under Vista? Has anyone been successful or unsuccessful in making it work? Are there any potential problems to watch out for? Does it require administrator privileges?

If FLB is not fully compatible with Vista, any idea if or when it will be? I know this has been asked before and I'm not asking for an exact date, just some idea of how long I might have to wait.
If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing. - Anatole France
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-02-2008, 10:02 AM -
FLB is not compatible with the Vista Aero theme. So if you install FLB your taskbar will lost the transparency. Also maybe there are some problems with the installation. But it runs... all must be ok.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
beerslayer

04-19-2008, 10:55 PM -
OK, Yuri, thanks for the response!

I admit that I'm a little bit uncomfortable using FLB under those circumstances. Do you currently have plans to update FLB so that it is fully compatible with Vista? If you don't, please reconsider! And if you do, do you have any idea when this might happen? Again, I'm not looking for an exact date, just some guesstimate of how much longer it might be.
If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing. - Anatole France
beerslayer

08-05-2008, 12:34 PM -
Hi,

I'm still hoping for news that FLB has been updated to work properly with Vista. Should I still have any hope that this will happen? Or has FLB been discontinued?