Default Folder Locations in Vista (Home Premium)
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
03-29-2008, 02:18 AM -
Update:

OK, I found that right-clicking on the Start button, you can pick either "Explore", or "Explore All Users", and that would give you (me) both menus.

Now How do I delete a virtual menu that is pointing to the wrong folder?

B

I'm having a heck of a time trying to set up two virtual menus.

One is to the "All Users" Start Menu, and the other is to the particular user's Start Menu.

I did a file search, and there's a load of Start Menus.

Which ones do I use?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-02-2008, 12:01 PM -
Actually True Launch Bar show show items from both folders "All Users" and current user. To find what folder is the primary just double-click Programs menu or right-click menu button and select "Open"
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

04-02-2008, 01:51 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Actually True Launch Bar show show items from both folders "All Users" and current user. To find what folder is the primary just double-click Programs menu or right-click menu button and select "Open"

YYour:
Ok...

But how do I get rid of a virtual folder (pointer) without deleting the actual folder?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM -
Quote:But how do I get rid of a virtual folder (pointer) without deleting the actual folder?
Right-click the folder and press Delete with red cross icon. I've attached the screenshot.

Note, you can see the other "Delete" menu item also and it is without the icon. This is the explorer's context menu. And that "Delete" without icon will delete the real folder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

04-02-2008, 02:31 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:But how do I get rid of a virtual folder (pointer) without deleting the actual folder?
Right-click the folder and press Delete with red cross icon. I've attached the screenshot.

Note, you can see the other "Delete" menu item also and it is without the icon. This is the explorer's context menu. And that "Delete" without icon will delete the real folder.

THAT'S what I must have done wrong.

Thanks, Yuri.

Regards,
Chuck

Chuck Billow