Started by TB_User

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
TB_User

11 posts 3 threads Joined: Jun 2007
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM -
Hi,

I have several Virtual Folder menus in my True Launch Bar setup which are pointing to directories that are located on True Crypt volumes.
That means when I boot up my machine and log into Windows those volumes are not yet mounted.
Therfore True Launch Bar thinks the Virtual Folders are not accesible and they are empty. That's alright of course.

The problem is that after the mounting of the True Crypt volumes the Virtual Folder menus in True Launch Bar are still empty. I have to refresh those menus manually to see the content of those Virtual Folders.
It would be great if True Launch Bar would automatically recognize that the content of the Virtual Folder gets available and refreshes automatically.

Regards,
Martin
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM -
Thank you very much for bug report. In the next version this bug will be fixed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
David Tong

55 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2006
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM -
I also use Truecrypt and I suffered the same annoyance for a long time. I finally solved it using an Autohotkey script. But if I'd looked here first I could have saved the effort :?

I find Autohotkey amazingly useful for all kinds of things. In this case I already used a short script that runs from a desktop shortcut and mounts the Truecrypt container, so it was easy to add a section that puts up the TLB toolbar and then sends Ctrl-F5 to make it refresh. If the mounted container already exists it just refreshes the toolbar.

In case it helps anyone, I've attached the script. It's in the zip file.

Attached Files
.zip   MountZ.zip (Size: 1.14 KB / Downloads: 537)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM -
Is this bug not fixed in the version 4.3?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
David Tong

55 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2006
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM -
Yes the problem is fixed in 4.3. Thanks for this and all the other updates.

It's just that when I made my 'fix' I was using 4.2 on my main laptop (XP) and a beta version on a Vista laptop. I didn't notice that 4.3 was available.

I'm curious why you changed the class name for TLB popup menus from "TrueLaunchMenu" to "TrueLaunchMenuShadow"? At first I thought it was because one was running on XP and one on Vista, but I now realise it's a change that happened between different versions of TLB. (This explains why the script I posted does an unecessary check for XP or Vista).
TB_User

11 posts 3 threads Joined: Jun 2007
11-23-2008, 04:19 AM -
For me the problem is also fixed with the new version.
Thanks Yuri.