Feature request: flat view of files in virtual folders
Started by tranglos

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
tranglos

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2008
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM -
I've been a registered user for a long time, but this is my first-time post, so let me thank you deeply for TLB. It's become truly indispensable to me, and saves me time countless times a day. Thank you!

Now for the request: When creating a virtual folders, provide an option to show a "flatened" view of files in all or filtere subfolders. That is, do not show subfolders as menus, because this quickly becomes inconvenient when subfolders are nested, and starts looking too much like the Start menu Smile

Instead, present within the "main" menu a flat list of all the files that would normally be shown in folders (according to the specified filters). When there are only a few files of interest, but the files are nested several folders deep, it would be a great help.

Explanation: I work daily with files that change often, so creating regular shortcuts in TLB is not an option. The files often reside in deeply nested folders, and only a few filetypes are "launchable". I would like to define a filter, such as "*.abc", and have all matching files displayed directly in the menu of a TLB button, regardless of the subfolder they are in.

Refinement: In the flat view, it would be helpful to show either the full path, or a shortened path to the file in the tooltips. I don't think this is currently available, but would be necessary, since the flattened view could contain files that have the same name and reside in different subfolders on disk.

Thank you kindly for considering these suggestions.
marek