Submenu location
Started by jca001

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
jca001

16 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep 2008
09-22-2008, 02:01 PM -
What controls where a submenu will be displayed?

Let me explain a little more. I have a tool bar located on the right side of my screen. When I click on a menu that has submenus, some display on the left of the main menu and some display on the right. This makes it kind of hard to move down through the submenus and then select an item from the submenu when they can be on either side.

Jack Allen
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM -
Currently all submenus are opend at the right side. If there is no space they opened at the left. There are no the settings to change this behavior.

Hmm... maybe the best behavior would be the opening submenu at the same side as the parent?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jca001

09-25-2008, 01:38 PM -
That may be good if it does what I think it would. In my case the menu would open to the left and the submenus would also open to the left.

If the toobar was at the top I am not sure what would happen. Maybe some check could be done to determine where the toolbar is located and decide what to do and/or make it an option.

Jack Allen
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
09-27-2008, 11:07 AM -
Sounds like a good idea Yuri.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM -
Quote:That may be good if it does what I think it would. In my case the menu would open to the left and the submenus would also open to the left.
Yes, this works exactly as you describe.

Quote:Sounds like a good idea Yuri.
In the next version this feature will be released. This behavior looks more logical. Especially when the toolbar is at the right side.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jca001

09-29-2008, 03:26 PM -
Sounds good.

Just some more thought on this when the toolbar is at the top or bottom which should also work the same way when the tool bar is on the left or right.

Check to see where the first menu is going to be displayed, that is to the left or right of the center of the screen? If on the left of the center, submenus and what have you will continue to the right, and if on the right of center they will continue to the left. I think this would handle things no matter where the toolbar is located and which end of the toolbar the first menu is displayed from when on the top or bottom.

Jack Allen