Started by Zebulon

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Zebulon

10 posts 6 threads Joined: Oct 2008
10-11-2008, 04:57 AM -
Hello,
I'm still figuring out some things to improve my skills with TLB.
new menu:
1. to make a new menu the wizzard opens and i name the menu and can browse the folder, browsing dialog appears - but the starting point is worspace, own files etc. so i have to click through the whole driertories to my destination folder every time.
is ist possible to set a default path to start with?

i name the menu, selecte my destination driectory, create an new folder in it (for example "Test") and click finish.
then 2 menu-folders appears in my taskbar and physically in my directory structure:
a: the folder "Test" i've created with no content, that's ok and
b: a folder "Test(1)" with these files as content: namespace.fld, setup.ini and tbldata.xml

shouldn't these files be placed in the folder i created??
why these TWO folders?? what is wrong??

Greetings
Zebulon
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-11-2008, 10:33 AM -
Quote:1. to make a new menu the wizzard opens and i name the menu and can browse the folder, browsing dialog appears - but the starting point is worspace, own files etc. so i have to click through the whole driertories to my destination folder every time.
is ist possible to set a default path to start with?
I can make the TLB remember the last selected folder location. Is this OK?

Quote:i name the menu, selecte my destination driectory, create an new folder in it (for example "Test") and click finish.
then 2 menu-folders appears in my taskbar and physically in my directory structure:
a: the folder "Test" i've created with no content, that's ok and
b: a folder "Test(1)" with these files as content: namespace.fld, setup.ini and tbldata.xml

TLB have two types of menus:
1) Normal menu (this is your "Test")
2) Virtual Folder (this is your "Test(1)") - looks like a "link" to some other folder.

Technically in the toolbar folder "Virtual Folders" contain namespace.fld file and no shortcuts. The normal menus have all shortcuts inside toolbar folder.

File namespace.fld is the renamed shortcut to the content folder.

Files setup.ini and tbldata.xml will appear in both folders when you change some menu settings or layout. You don't need to copy or move them (but you can, if want to reset of duplicate the menu settings)
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
quattrocchi

52 posts 11 threads Joined: Jan 2010
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:I can make the TLB remember the last selected folder location. Is this OK?

YES I'd prefer this to the way it always opens at the 'desktop' and I have to dig down throught the hard drive each time.

Is it nearly done yet?

Brian
Auckland
v4.4.8 beta
PS should I worry about the 'beta'?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-14-2010, 12:55 PM -
I'll release this in the next version.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com