Native Windows taskbar won't resize
Started by JLJ

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
JLJ

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2007
05-23-2007, 04:45 AM -
I run Win98SE and FLB 1.0 on two PCs. No problems for over a year.

Now, ror some reason the native Windows taskbar will no longer resize on one system. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this:

-- deleted shelliconcache
-- deleted HKCU\MS\Win\CurrVer\Explorer\StuckRects
-- deleted and reinstall FLB, including wiping all reg traces
-- played around with displaying and hiding various sets of toolbars

Nothing works. The only thing I know is that if FLB is displayed it will only show four menus (I have six) and a scroller arrow, and that this is because even though I can grab the taskbar sizer, it does not move or respond to the mouse in either direction.

Frustrated beyond human comprehension, as it is with all small things -- anyone know how to reset/reinstall the taskbar, or control its metrics, or what to do? THX JLJ
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-23-2007, 01:10 PM -
Do you have the same problem with standard Quick Launch?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
sugarprincess

37 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2003
09-25-2008, 09:47 AM -
I think this is the same problem I am having (just downgraded to Free Launch Bar on my work computer). I thought Quick Launch worked okay (giving me the standard one-row TaskBar) but I just double-checked and both of them give me a two-row Taskbar that CANNOT be resized (photo attached).

I have gone through all of the settings and tried changing various numbers but nothing seems to work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM -
Take the tasks toolbar (the bottom toolbar) by the gripper at the left side and drag it to the right-bottom. This will change the layout. Now change the size of the taskbar and lock it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
sugarprincess

37 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2003
09-25-2008, 12:07 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Take the tasks toolbar (the bottom toolbar) by the gripper at the left side and drag it to the right-bottom. This will change the layout. Now change the size of the taskbar and lock it.

YAY!!!

I'm not sure how I screwed that up, but YAY it's fixed!