Pre-sales question: TLB replicating Vista's Quick Launch
Started by atitlan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
atitlan

33 posts 16 threads Joined: Dec 2008
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM -
I would like to use True Launch Bar to overcome a bug in Windows Vista (x86) that descends all the way back to Windows 95 SP2, when I think the Quick Launch area on the Task Bar was first introduced: namely, after a certain amount of time or starts, Windows always looses the order of the icons on the Quick Launch bar.*

Since I have 70 icons [small] in a precise order for my purposes, this is a bloody nuisance. Also, my my Task bar is vertically arrayed, set to Auto-hide and on top.

What I would like to confirm is that TLB operates in those settings: [1] Vertically arrayed; [2] Autohide; [3] Always on top; and finally, [4] that the order of the 70 icons in small view replicated from the Quick Launch bar can be retained indefinitely (or, of course, modified).

Many thanks for your help!

* Not even Microsoft Tech Support elevated twice over a two week correspondence could solve the problem of how to backup the order of QL icons via export of Registry settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-12-2008, 01:40 AM -
Quote:[1] Vertically arrayed;
Yes

Quote:[2] Autohide; [3] Always on top;
Yes, this is the feature of the windows not TLB. But the standalone TLB have some enhances.

Quote: [4] that the order of the 70 icons in small view replicated from the Quick Launch bar can be retained indefinitely (or, of course, modified).
No, TLB don't replicate the icons order, but the order can be changed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
atitlan

33 posts 16 threads Joined: Dec 2008
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM -
Yuri Kobets: Thank you so much for replying!

A few hours earlier I had taken advantage of the Holiday sale and licensed TLB. So far so good. My QL has been replicated and the icons sorted as I prefer. The appearance of TLB is indistinguishable from QL on Vista's Taskbar.

I look forward to exploring the great depth of this program. In particular I am hoping that the development of Windows 7 will permit its continued operation and that whatever its designers may do to us with their '7', TLB will be available to compensate and enhance.

All good wishes — 'atitlan'.