CoolMon Plugin - would be really awesome
Started by Trackrun5

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Trackrun5

27 posts 6 threads Joined: Jul 2001
06-22-2002, 12:54 PM -
I've been a long-time user of True Launch Bar and also another program called CoolMon (or CoolInfo), which displays system statistics (such as ram use, drive space, network activity, etc) on the desktop. It would be really cool if there was a plugin to display these stats in True Launch Bar. This way the stats would always be visible without sitting in front of windows.

http://daisyman.arsware.org/coolinfo/

I think it would be a fairly easy plugin to implement.
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
06-22-2002, 01:03 PM -
Yea, I use coolmon to.. would be nice to be able to just use TLB for everything Smile

Ex:
Ram Used/Free
Top Process
/etc
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate
Jayzun

49 posts 10 threads Joined: Dec 2001
06-22-2002, 02:32 PM -
I've kind of added this to the suggestion box already..did this last week. I titled it "System Monitor Improvements". There used to be a program that did this called CureInfo...but the author has "upgraded" it and it doesn't work the same way anymore...it just overlays info over the taskbar or desktop...not actually a part of the taskbar. And, I can't find the old program any more.
Trackrun5

06-22-2002, 02:40 PM -
ya, i tried just dragging CoolMon over the taskbar, but the taskbar's "always on top" is more powerful than coolmon's "always on top". so a plugin is probably needed
Trackrun5

06-22-2002, 02:48 PM -
actually, i was just thinking, this would be very easy to implement. there's code available to put coolmon stuff into html form to put on the web. all the TLB plugin would have to do is be able to display html with a transparent background or something. wouldn't even have to touch the coolmon exec. one possible problem though, I don't know how often the html refreshes
Roma

27 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2002
07-23-2002, 06:56 AM -
Just adding my vote for this feature wish Smile

Greetz