Started by driftingMODE

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
driftingMODE

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2009
02-22-2009, 10:59 PM -
hi

can anyone please tell me what is the average response time for a bug report in this forum. i think bug reports are directed at the developers. i think the mods should at least let us know what is going on if we take the time to report something (no matter how stupid).

ive been on here for quite a few days now, and there has been no new posts anywhere in the forum, so i cant think everyone is so busy that they cant at least reply with a simple:
"we dont know what you are talking about." or "we are looking into the matter." or even "that plugin is unpopular and we stopped supporting it"

must we report the bugs and then just wait for the next update not knowing if the post was even read by a developer? do they get answered somewhere else? do you wait until X amount of people report a problem? i am amazed at the sheer amount of posts on here that simply never get answered.

even though i dislike any software that tries to change my startbar. i like the TLB because it only adds. in spite of the inconsistencies in the plugins like the [image] option that can be used in one but not the other and if it can it doesnt support the same stuff like zorder and the TLBClock that draws its needles totally different than any other plugin and insists to draw it in the middle of the background, and then adds 4 pixels on either side of the clock. i get the feeling all plugins are made by one person since they are released by Tordex, but then when i look at the ini files it seems it is different people.

please let me know.

dM
“Various authoritative textbooks of aeronautic techniques establish that a hornet cannot fly due to the form and weight of its body considering its actual wingspan. But the hornet keeps flying, because it doesn’t know.†–Igor Sikorsky
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-23-2009, 01:38 AM -
I'm the main developer of the True Launch Bar and the owner of the Tordex. I try to answer as quick as possible. In most cases I try to reproduce the problem before the answer, to be sure there are no additional questions. But if you feel I forgot about your question just bump the topic Wink

Quote:i get the feeling all plugins are made by one person since they are released by Tordex, but then when i look at the ini files it seems it is different people.
Most plugins are written by me. But sometimes I hire third-party programmers to write plugins. For example the Clock and the Moon plugin are written by third-party programmers.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
driftingMODE

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2009
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM -
hi Yuri

thanks for the info. it is always better to know what goes on. i will try to be more patient.

maybe it would be a great idea if you write a basic C script with the [image] and other great features in it and third parties must build on that without changing or breaking your code. i dont know if it will work, but i have to suggest it or it will bug me that i didnt.

i am a Visual Basic programmer so i cannot code plugins for your TLB and it just frustrates me. maybe it is time i try my hand at C# for a change.

anyways... i will just report bugs as i find them.

dM
“Various authoritative textbooks of aeronautic techniques establish that a hornet cannot fly due to the form and weight of its body considering its actual wingspan. But the hornet keeps flying, because it doesn’t know.†–Igor Sikorsky
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-24-2009, 02:44 AM -
Quote:maybe it would be a great idea if you write a basic C script with the [image] and other great features in it and third parties must build on that without changing or breaking your code. i dont know if it will work, but i have to suggest it or it will bug me that i didnt.
SDK exists and published on the website.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com