5 posts in this topic
driftingMODE

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2009
02-23-2009, 07:57 AM -
hi

WinXP SP3
Address Book v1.1
True Launch Bar v4.3

i was sorting out my Address Book plugin entries so here is what i did and what actually happened:

i had 4 entries under a title 'Personal'. i set it to 'Auto Collapse' and added another title called 'Business' in the middle of the four entries, also setting it to 'Auto Collapse'. when it appeared the two bottom entries was gone.

i deleted the new title and turned off 'Auto Collapse', but to no avail. Then a created a new title and behold... one of the lost entries returned under it. no matter what i tried i could not get the other entry back.

considdering the amount of information i have to type into an entry it is frustrating to just loose it like that.

dM
“Various authoritative textbooks of aeronautic techniques establish that a hornet cannot fly due to the form and weight of its body considering its actual wingspan. But the hornet keeps flying, because it doesn’t know.†–Igor Sikorsky
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-23-2009, 11:02 AM -
Try to right-click inside the menu (where the hidden items must to be). Then select "Show hidden" submenu. All hidden items must be there.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
driftingMODE

02-23-2009, 09:32 PM -
hi

i never thought of that, but then again i was so shocked when it happened.

it worked!

forgive my saying so, but i dont think they should have been hidden in the first place. if they were and this is correct then at least when i expanded the title they should have returned. if i had maby 50 entries i might not have noticed that some have hidden without my permission and created double entries.

(added later)
i just moved it (Address Book) from one 'Standalone TLB' to another and in this process all the titles disappeared. when i move them back after recreating the titles on the new TLB the second title moves one down. is this maybe because menu information is only saved with toolbars. it is very frustrating to loose all formatting when you just want to move a menu to a new toolbar.

PS: i move things by right-click drag & drop and then selecting move here, because a left-click drag & drop just puts the plugin icon and then it is a link that does not work.

(added even later)
i include here a screenshot of what happened when i added the titles again on the new TLB. can you please tell me why the expand icon is so far to the left on the right-hand image. i checked to ensure both TLB's settings are the same.

dM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“Various authoritative textbooks of aeronautic techniques establish that a hornet cannot fly due to the form and weight of its body considering its actual wingspan. But the hornet keeps flying, because it doesn’t know.†–Igor Sikorsky
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-24-2009, 02:41 AM -
Quote:forgive my saying so, but i dont think they should have been hidden in the first place. if they were and this is correct then at least when i expanded the title they should have returned.
Please can you give me a step-by-step instruction (maybe with the screenshots) how to reproduce the bug. Generally if you collapse the separator - items become hidden. If you delete or disable the collapsing TLB restore the hidden items. Maybe items remain hidden on some conditions. But I can't to find these conditions Sad

Quote:i just moved it (Address Book) from one 'Standalone TLB' to another and in this process all the titles disappeared. when i move them back after recreating the titles on the new TLB the second title moves one down. is this maybe because menu information is only saved with toolbars. it is very frustrating to loose all formatting when you just want to move a menu to a new toolbar.
Yes, you are right. I'll try to solve this problem in the next version.

Quote:i include here a screenshot of what happened when i added the titles again on the new TLB. can you please tell me why the expand icon is so far to the left on the right-hand image. i checked to ensure both TLB's settings are the same.
What skin do you use? Please can you send me a backup of the toolbar? I can't to reproduce the bug on my side. Maybe this depends of some your settings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
driftingMODE

02-24-2009, 06:02 AM -
hi

Quote:Please can you give me a step-by-step instruction (maybe with the screenshots) how to reproduce the bug. Generally if you collapse the separator - items become hidden. If you delete or disable the collapsing TLB restore the hidden items. Maybe items remain hidden on some conditions. But I can't to find these conditions Sad

i created an image with the 4 steps in, but i will explain them here:

1) I have 4 entries.
2) i add the first title by right-clicking on the first entry.
3) i set 'Enable Expand/Collapse' and 'Auto Collapse' on.
4) i add the second title by right-clicking on the 3rd entry. (the menu is collapsed like that when i close the 'New>Title' dialog box).

at this point the last two entries are hidden.

(start added later)
i forgot to mention that i changed the template so i include Template.txt here with my changes.
(end added later)

Quote:What skin do you use? Please can you send me a backup of the toolbar? I can't to reproduce the bug on my side. Maybe this depends of some your settings.

my skin is the default skin of TLB (i like the Windowz look) and i only changed the colours of the titles and separators on menus. it displays correct on all other toolbars, so i assume it to be a setting... i will play some more and let you know. interesting though the last time i dragged it back to the faulting toolbar the icon became one of the other button images and not even 'Reset Icon' would change it back. after dragging it to another toolbar and back the icon was restored.

dM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   Template.txt (Size: 986 bytes / Downloads: 603)