Started by 3Dman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
3Dman

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2001
08-12-2001, 03:03 AM -
Hello again!
I just realized that there is a BIG problem for me. I installed True LaunchBar yesterday and I was amazed how good it is for me. Especially "virtual folders". BUT, here is a problem:
I have directory C:\Games\ where various games installed. I made that dir as virtual drop down menu. EXCELLENT! Except... most .EXEs wont run, looks like .EXEs dont know where exactly they are (sorry my english), programm won't find other files. Something about work directory, location, something like that. Is there a solution?? Please...
Thanks in advance.

(Edited by 3Dman at 7:04 am on Aug. 12, 2001)
Ustas

220 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2001
08-12-2001, 12:29 PM -
Say your Windows vertion pls. And, if it is possible, the game(programm) name.
I'll correct this bug in the next version.
Now you can make shortcut for the exe file in the same folder and run it instead of exe file.
Yuri Kobets
TrueSoft - Software for You
http://www.tsoftcentral.com
3Dman

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2001
08-14-2001, 09:58 PM -
I am using WinME. I have various games under C:\Games\ installed. I set that C:\Games\ as virtual folder. Most of games, when I click on game EXE wont run. It acts like that exe would be outside game folder, it can not find all other files of that programm (game in this case). I am dreaming about this being sorted out, and toghether with my suggestion about showing in virtual folders only specific file types, that would be menu I always wanted...