Started by kwickone

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
kwickone

49 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2005
04-18-2009, 02:56 PM -
Hey Yuri,

I have started to use TLB Standalone as my top dock. I have in the past used either ObjectDock Plus or Nexus (part of Winstep Extreme). Check out my current dock image!

I must say that TLB has MANY more advantages over those two other launcher docks. In addition, it appears to be much lower in memory and cpu usage than other docks. I was thinking you could even market it as such...you might get a lot more people moving to TLB from those other docks.

A couple items on those docs that would be nice to see in TLB SA version. These are just some Nice To Haves:

1. Always on Top EXCEPT for Full Screen Apps. This is something I like about the other docks. The dock is always visible, except with some other app is full screen; however, when you bump the top with the mouse, the dock appears over the full screen app. Hope that makes sense.
2. Sound effects. Maybe the ability to assign sound effects to menu pull-downs and app launches. Again, not a must, but a nice to have.

Thanks for the great program and for listening!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

kwickone

04-20-2009, 06:43 PM -
Hey Yuri,

Let me know your thoughts on being a "replacement" for other bars like ObjectDock, Rockdock, Nexus, etc. I think TLB SA could be a good replacement....with a couple of tweaks.

Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-21-2009, 06:52 AM -
Quote:1. Always on Top EXCEPT for Full Screen Apps. This is something I like about the other docks. The dock is always visible, except with some other app is full screen; however, when you bump the top with the mouse, the dock appears over the full screen app. Hope that makes sense.
Always on Top is released already. But Full Screen Apps block toolbar at all. As I see the Object Dock work in same way.

Quote:2. Sound effects. Maybe the ability to assign sound effects to menu pull-downs and app launches. Again, not a must, but a nice to have.
Very Interesting. Thank you very much. I'll add the sounds.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kwickone

04-21-2009, 02:44 PM -
OK, maybe I made a mistake in my description.

I would like when TLB SA is NOT in auto-hide mode and NOT in Always on Top Mode to appear OVER a full screen app when I bump the top with my mouse.

Does that make better sense?

Right now, I can only make it appear OVER a full screen app when it is set to Auto-Hide. Unless I am missing something.

Attached is a screenshot of the ObjectDock setting that allows for this.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-23-2009, 03:42 AM -
Thank you very much for screenshot. Now I see how it works. I'll make the same options for SA TLB.
The TORDEX Team
kwickone

04-23-2009, 04:09 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Thank you very much for screenshot. Now I see how it works. I'll make the same options for SA TLB.

Awesome Yuri! I look forward to the update. Let me know if I can test for you.
kwickone

01-05-2010, 02:56 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Thank you very much for screenshot. Now I see how it works. I'll make the same options for SA TLB.

Hey Yuri, any luck on this feature (allowing TLB SA to appear over full screen app with edge bump)?

Thanks in advance.
kwickone

01-20-2010, 09:26 AM -
Yuri? 8)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-20-2010, 12:07 PM -
I'll try to release this feature in the netx version.
The TORDEX Team
kwickone

01-20-2010, 01:22 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:I'll try to release this feature in the netx version.

that would be great Yuri. It would allow me to get rid of another app and use TLB almost exclusively.
Thanks for the effort.