Making seperators invisible and manipulate Icon Spaces
Started by virtualdori

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
virtualdori

20 posts 4 threads Joined: May 2009
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM -
I have been trying to make a powerful, yet pretty menu system to benefit me and hopefully the TLB community. There are however few things stopping me from making it as I vision it.

# Using seperators with titles -I would like to make the seperator line invisible appart from the title itself. I could do so by making a solid png for background, but since I'm trying to make the best out of Aero that's not an option.

# I have configured the menu to an "icon only" mode and I enable the text lables. The problem is every button on the menu sizes with the longest text label. (Similar to when you enable the "same with" feature on the toolbars) I would like to disable that feature so the buttons are no wider than required. Ofcourse not for the individual button but for the row or column to stay the same size as the aligned ones, but still I could have a few bigger buttons.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM -
Quote:# Using seperators with titles -I would like to make the seperator line invisible appart from the title itself. I could do so by making a solid png for background, but since I'm trying to make the best out of Aero that's not an option.
Currently this is possible only via the skin. You can modify any skin with the empty separators bitmap. You can modify the separators only and turn off all "Apply skin to" options. Separators and captions are applied every time.

Quote:# I have configured the menu to an "icon only" mode and I enable the text lables. The problem is every button on the menu sizes with the longest text label. (Similar to when you enable the "same with" feature on the toolbars) I would like to disable that feature so the buttons are no wider than required. Ofcourse not for the individual button but for the row or column to stay the same size as the aligned ones, but still I could have a few bigger buttons.
Currently this is impossible. But I like the idea. I'll try to release this feature in one of the next versions. Currently maybe the changing the metrics options will help. You can reduce/increase the buttons size.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
virtualdori

05-19-2009, 07:34 AM -
Thanks Yuri, I will try that and report back with a mockup later so you can get a better image of what I mean
virtualdori

05-25-2009, 04:20 AM -
The size of the icons in front of the glassy teal image I use as background should stay the same regardless of how big the icons on the right are... for instance the biggest text label is "All Programs" When I change that label to for example More Programs, the icons do stretch over the background image.

There are also few bugs I shall tell you about later, but they are not serious as I can bypass them.

virtualdori

05-25-2009, 06:43 AM -
better example