Ctrl+click on menus to open as a folder
Started by lemon-head

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
lemon-head

4 posts 3 threads Joined: Aug 2009
08-13-2009, 01:06 AM -
I use truelaunchbar not only for program shortcuts, but also for media folders (pictures, music, projects, documents, sourcecode, etc).

I often need to open a menu in truelaunchbar as a folder (windows explorer window, or simply just what you get with "open folder").

It would be nice if I could do this with ctrl+click, instead of having to go into the rightclick menu.

As a more general solution, there could be customization options for ctrl+click, alt+click, shift+click. Each could be mapped to one action from the context menu, or even run a specific file in the folder.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-13-2009, 02:02 AM -
Quote:I often need to open a menu in truelaunchbar as a folder (windows explorer window, or simply just what you get with "open folder").
You can use the double click to open the folder. Also you can turn on the option "Run submenu on mouse click" or "Run submenu on ENTER", and the single click on submenu will open the folder.

More over, you can to change the context menu item to run on click (Appearance->Button Properties)

Quote:As a more general solution, there could be customization options for ctrl+click, alt+click, shift+click. Each could be mapped to one action from the context menu, or even run a specific file in the folder.
I like this idea, thank you.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
lemon-head

4 posts 3 threads Joined: Aug 2009
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM -
A bit late, but: Thank you for the tip with dblclick Smile

For the custom *-click actions, a very useful thing would be "open in Notepad++", "Open in Gimp", "Open in IrfanView", "Open in FastStone Viewer" etc.

A bit of brainstorming:
Another interesting direction with Ctrl and Shift would be some fancy quasimode effects:
- Highlight all image files, as long as Ctrl is pressed.
- Highlight all text files, as long as Shift is pressed.
- Show an image preview of the hovered file, as long as Ctrl is pressed.
- Show size of files and folders, as long as Ctrl is pressed.
- Send all keys to a search field, as long as Ctrl is pressed, to filter the items of the currently active menu / submenu.
- etc.

Ok, maybe not all of this is useful.