Started by Gbit

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Gbit

11 posts 6 threads Joined: May 2009
09-24-2009, 12:26 PM -
Hi Yuri
I'm new in posting my thoughts, but I have had TLB for some time now & look thru the Forum regularly. I love the application and have applied it in many different ways.
I thought I would offer my "would like to see":

- add a context menu option that puts BOTH the TLB & Shell menus as Sub-Menus

- Option for "No Shortcuts" (i.e. Ctrl + H) in the TLB menus

- A Virtual Folder to display the contents of the System Tray so the Tray can be accessed without the Taskbar visible. I don't know if this could be done, but it would work great to clean things up, possibly even hide the system tray (since it is so small & crowded),... the items in this TLB menu would need to have the same context menu options the original icons have in the tray.

I Look forward to more good stuff - great software, very stable and beautifully customizable.

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-26-2009, 11:07 PM -
Quote:- add a context menu option that puts BOTH the TLB & Shell menus as Sub-Menus
This is possible right now. TLB uses the context menu templates so it is possible to change the template. I've attached the changed menu template to show both shell and tlb menus in submenu. Copy this file into the subfolder "contextmenu" inside the TLB installation (by default c:\program files\truelaunchbar\contextmenu)

Quote:Option for "No Shortcuts" (i.e. Ctrl + H) in the TLB menus
Here is the option you need: TLB Settings->Menu apparance->Show menu item hotkey text

Quote:A Virtual Folder to display the contents of the System Tray so the Tray can be accessed without the Taskbar visible. I don't know if this could be done, but it would work great to clean things up, possibly even hide the system tray (since it is so small & crowded),... the items in this TLB menu would need to have the same context menu options the original icons have in the tray.
Yes, I plan to make this plugin. The first attempt to create this plugin was not very successes but I guess the second will be better.

Attached Files
.zip   allinsumnebu.zip (Size: 760 bytes / Downloads: 458)
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Gbit

09-27-2009, 08:28 AM -
Thanks Yuri
The XML template does what I needed... and also showed me how to manage any of these templates. Haven't figured out why some buttons on other TLB toolbars are not effected by this template?? I changed each of the toolbars individual settings... rebooted even?

In reference to my other menu feature I asked about....
Quote:Option for "No Shortcuts" (i.e. Ctrl + H) in the TLB menus
your reply
Quote:Here is the option you need: TLB Settings->Menu apparance->Show menu item hotkey text
I was actually refering to the hotkeys in the TLB context menu - I don't use them and for some reason on my system (XP Home) these hotkeys don't work anyway. Is it because I have "Window+X" standard hotkeys disabled to make room for my own?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM -
Quote: Haven't figured out why some buttons on other TLB toolbars are not effected by this template?? I changed each of the toolbars individual settings... rebooted even?
As you see there are 4 template types in the TLB Settings:
Buttons: normal buttons on the toolbar/menu
Virtual Folders: menu items inside the virtual folders
Plugin: all plugins
Empty space: when you click on the menu caption and other empty spaces

So you need to change the template for all or some of the buttons.

Quote:I was actually refering to the hotkeys in the TLB context menu - I don't use them and for some reason on my system (XP Home) these hotkeys don't work anyway. Is it because I have "Window+X" standard hotkeys disabled to make room for my own?
Currently this is impossible to do with the standard way Sad If the shortcuts are too annoying you can download the localization pack and edit the menu items strings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Gbit

12-05-2009, 07:30 PM -
Yuri,
As an update, I have customized my context menus as you suggested I could and I am pleased with the result except a coulpe of notes...
You wrote:
Quote:As you see there are 4 template types in the TLB Settings:
Buttons: normal buttons on the toolbar/menu
Virtual Folders: menu items inside the virtual folders
Plugin: all plugins
Empty space: when you click on the menu caption and other empty spaces

So you need to change the template for all or some of the buttons.

I have actually created various templates and applied them to the 4 different types (as you mention) applying them to the main settings dialog and in some cases overriding them with the Button Appearance dialog.
BUT there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything to the context menus for Separators or what is actually the real Empty space. The only thing the templates I select under TLB Setting>Context menu>Empty space affect is the Caption of an actual Menu (where "Tear-Off" would be).
The true blank section of the toolbar and the Separators (with or without titles) still display the default context menus.

Maybe you have changed it in the new Beta, I haven't tried it yet.